Instrument Maker I
Cryomodule Assembly Group WelderPosition Summary
Major Position Responsibilities
- Performs all work in accordance with specifications, work instructions and/or drawing package requirements.
- Read and fill-out weld map documentation/drawings.
- Confers with and provides counsel to engineers and mechanical designers on design, feasibility, material selection and sequences to be used during fabrication and assembly of cryogenic systems.
Estimates time and resources necessary to complete job assignments and/or projects.
Welds various grades of austenitic stainless steel or steel components for the construction of cryogenic systems using Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding and Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Prepares objects for welding by cleaning and filing, positioning, aligning, and clamping
Set up M.I.G., T.I.G., rod and gas welding apparatus as needed for the various jobs to be performed
- Welds and repairs various ancillary experimental equipment components, stands, supports etc. as directed.
- Cuts, brazes and solders copper based alloys
Execute work to meet project milestones and performance objectives (cost, scope and schedule)
Plan to perform their work in a safe manner
Perform work with quality
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanics or equivalent combination of related technical training and experience. Two years experience as a Research Trades Assistant II or equivalent experience in one or more skilled trades areas specific to the job duties to be performed. Thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, equipment, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade areas specific to the job duties to be performed. May be required to furnish own tools. May require working in and around X-ray producing apparatus, radioactive materials, cryogenic liquids and/or other potentially hazardous materials. Frequent lifting of 26 pounds and over is required.Required Application Materials
Cover Letter and resumeWork Hours
Bidding eligibility ends on 9/19/17 at 11:55 PM.