Undergraduate Graduation Evaluator
Job Title: Undergraduate Graduation Evaluator
Job ID: 24263
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3082, Range 1
Department: Office of the Registrar
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate Registrar for Undergraduate Graduation Evaluation and receiving work lead direction from the Lead Undergraduate Graduation Evaluator, the Undergraduate Graduation Evaluator is responsible for processes related to the graduation candidacy verification, evaluating graduation requirements have been met, communicating results and awarding degrees. This position provides audit and analysis for students attempting to complete Title 5, CSU and University requirements relating to undergraduate baccalaureate degree requirements which require professional judgment. This position also serves as a liaison to the college success centers and campus departments in providing degree-related information to assist the advisors with effective advising of the university, major, minor, residency and honors requirements. The objective in all interactions is to provide quality customer service and information regarding policies and procedures, to suggest actions, to develop and recommend solutions which will address issues, and to establish cordial and collegial relationships with those contacting the Office of the Registrar. This position also assists with graduation workshops to the graduating students and as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates and verifies degree requirements based on established university policies and procedures. Awards degrees based upon verification of degree requirements.
- Provides appropriate recommendations for solutions to satisfy outstanding requirements, while explaining relevant policies, regulations, and procedures. Refers students to departments and success centers for inquiries.
- Provides information to students on complex issues relevant to transfer credit and graduation requirements (GPA, GE, catalog rights, etc.).
- Reviews academic documents, assisting students in appropriate appeal processes when asked for assistance, and providing information on required requirements in person and by phone, email, and message communications.
- Responsible for originating graduation files from students submitting graduation applications and the day-to-day maintenance of those records.
- Responsible for extensive research of archived records of returning students to determine if a degree was conferred. Communicates with students with degree completion requirements. Responds to inquiries from advisors and faculty as received.
- Assists students to independently monitor their progress towards achieving their educational goals.
- Recommends action on Undergraduate Studies petitions after analysis of complex records involving excess units or other records related issues; however, Undergraduate Studies makes final decisions.
- Receives, reviews, and processes all petitions including course substitutions and waivers from students relevant to graduation, and makes recommendations to Undergraduate Studies when appropriate. Evaluators do not make decisions regarding petitions and appeals.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24263.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.