Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in Nursing #20180049FAC
Position Title: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in Nursing
Job Posting Number: 20180049FAC
Job Location: Round Rock
College of Health Professions
St. David's School of Nursing
Position Description: Texas State is seeking one tenure track nursing faculty at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor level for a nine-month appointment with possible summer employment to teach in the Family Nurse Practitioner track of the MSN-FNP program.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Faculty responsibilities include: participation in curriculum development, including lab instruction and teaching online courses in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program. This position will be located in the nursing building on the Texas State University Round Rock Campus in Round Rock, Texas. http://www.nursing.txstate.edu
1. Earned doctorate degree in nursing or related field and BSN or master’s degree in nursing.
2. Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
3. Eligible for Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in Texas.
4. At least three years of clinical experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
5. Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the nursing program’s vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
6. Record of accomplishments in scholarship, teaching, and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of assistant professor (less than five years teaching), associate professor (minimum five years teaching), or professor (minimum ten years teaching) in a School of Nursing.
7. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.
1. Demonstrated success in faculty cooperative support and team development.
2. Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and professional development.
3. Experience in program development, curriculum design, informatics and communications systems with simulation experience, and teaching in a Family Nurse Practitioner Program.
4. Record of accomplishments in scholarly/creative (grantmanship and extramural funding) and service.
5. Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review and assessment.
6. Experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line instruction.
7. Experience in building and promoting community relationships.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/20615. First review date is October 1, 2016. To be considered in this first group, please submit the following by October 1, 2016: a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date: Spring 2018 or Fall 2018
Open Until Filled? Yes
Review Date: 10/01/2017
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.