Graduate Assistant - Student Activities
The position of Graduate Assistant in Student Activities supports the advancement of co-curricular programing and education for undergraduate students at Mount Saint Mary College. The individual who holds this position will report to the Director of Student Activities and/or the Dean of Student Affairs. This staff member will work cooperatively to address the needs of the students as well as the college community.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with the Student Government Association in conjunction with the Director and Assistant Director of Student Activities.
2. Works with the Office of Student Activities to plan, to organize, and to implement events.
3. Provide support at programs and events that occur during weekday, weeknight, evening and weekend, as well as when the College is closed to assist with campus management.
4. Participate in major Student Affairs/College sponsored events such as: Freshmen Orientation, Opening Day, First Year Experience Program (FYE), Spirit of the Mount Week, Bonfire, Alumni/Family Weekend, Formal, Concerts, Mount Olympics, Spring Weekend, Late Night events, Yearbook, Admissions Open Houses/New Student Days, Commencement, Co-Curricular Programming, etc.
5. Plan, implement, and supervise the weekly Knight Spot activities.
6. Daily office hours as assigned by the Director of Student Activities and his/her designee.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Activities, the Dean of Student Affairs and his/her designee.
REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to collaborate in a collegial fashion with the Director of Student Activities, the Dean of Student Affairs, and the rest of the college community.
2. Possess knowledge and experience in student development, sexual misconduct prevention programming and other educational programming that impacts undergraduate students.
3. Ability to communicate as well as motivate and generate enthusiasm and commitment in students, faculty, staff and administrators.
4. Must be accepted and enrolled in a graduate program at MSMC.
1. Graduate tuition remission (MSMC): 12 credits within the contracted time of employment
2. Monthly Stipend: 10 months
3. Campus Meal Allowance
4. Housing (12 Months based on availability)
PERIOD OF SERVICE:
1. Approximately 20 hours weekly
2. 10 months (beginning August 1, 2017) – Renewable appointment annually