Under general supervision, analyzes and evaluates business and scientific problems and devises computer programs and related procedures to process data and resolve problems. Prepares charts and diagrams, and develops coding logic flowcharts. Gathers information from users, defines work problems, and develops complete specifications to enable programmers to prepare required programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Uses established fact-finding procedures, knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures, and familiarity with related programming practices, system software, and computer equipment to provide required analysis of business and/or scientific problems.
2. Applies established procedures where the nature of the system, feasibility, computer equipment, and programming language have already been decided.
3. May prepare detailed specifications required by programmers from information developed by higher level analysts.
4. Researches routine user problems and solves them by modifying existing systems when solutions follow clear precedents; works within defined objectives, priorities, and deadlines, and adapts guidelines to specific situations.
5. Receives general instructions for specific and ongoing assignments and refers problems and unfamiliar situations to supervisor; finished work and methods are checked.
6. Prepares and gives presentations to internal work groups.
7. May train end users on established programs.
8. Provides on-call support and problem resolution for computer applications.
9. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelor's degree; no previous work experience required. OR Successful completion of at least 60 college-level credit hours; at least 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. OR High school diploma or GED; at least 4 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
• Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
• Ability to develop programming specifications within defined parameters.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
• Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
• Knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages.
• Position requires: a) analyzing and evaluating business and/or scientific needs; b) maintaining and modifying programs and components; c) designing programs; d) developing application test plans; e) gathering information and defining problems for project proposals; f) writing detailed program specifications; g) preparing and giving presentations to internal work groups; and h) mentoring new programmers.
Conditions of Employment
• Specialty licensure/certification may be required, as specified by the department.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:42:05 PDT