Institutional Research Analyst
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Institutional Research Analyst to collect, analyze, and synthesize university data to support decision-making and fulfill reporting requirements.
The Analyst will play a critical role in meeting NYUAD’s internal and external reporting requirements, improving the university’s data infrastructure and analytical capabilities, and supporting university-wide strategy and planning processes. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and shape the development of new tools to support decision-making in a dynamic, globally oriented institution.
The Analyst will report to the Director for Institutional Research and will work closely with decision makers across the university.
Note: this position may be hired at a Senior Analyst level depending on the qualifications and experience of the selected individual.
• Collect, validate, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data from multiple university offices and databases.
• Produce a variety of scheduled and ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders.
• Respond to inquiries about university data from internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist in the design, development, and production of new reports and tools to integrate institutional data more robustly into university decision-making processes.
• Support the Director for Institutional Research in improving the university’s data infrastructure and analytical capabilities, including efforts to automate processes, integrate databases, and develop and maintain institutional research dashboards.
• Develop and maintain portions of the department’s Intranet site to make institutional research data, reports, and tools readily available to the NYUAD community.
• Draft analytical reports and presentation materials in support of IRSP projects for the Vice Chancellor, Provost, and other university leaders.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• At least two years’ experience in data analysis, collection, and reporting (quantitative and qualitative)
• Excellent computer skills, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to use statistical software (e.g., SPSS, Stata, SAS) to extract and manipulate datasets
• Ability to quantify and/or effectively summarize large amounts of data, often from disparate sources, to facilitate coherent analysis and reporting
• Professional work experience in a university setting
• Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely, the ability to tailor products effectively for different audiences, and the ability to summarize quantitative information effectively in written and graphical form
• Strong critical thinking skills, including demonstrated ability to approach problems objectively, draw valid conclusions, and develop viable options and recommendations for action
• Ability to innovate and suggest new approaches to solving problems or meeting requirements
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to navigate sensitive relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience in institutional research
• Experience using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) software
• Experience in website design and maintenance
• Experience in survey design, administration, and/or analysis
• Skill and experience using Qualtrics survey software
• Skill and experience using Tableau software.