FIRMWARE ENGINEER- POWER CONVERSION SYSTEMS
1746 N. Saint Thomas Circle
Orange, CA 92865
Firmware Engineer- Power Systems
As Firmware Engineer, developing real time embedded software for power conversion systems and communications, you will touch every part of the development life cycle from conceptual design to implementation, testing, qualification and delivery. You'll be walking into the early stages of this development and will leverage your understanding of power electronics, signaling, processing and control loops to develop advanced digital power systems including uninterruptiple power systems.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have knowledge of Power Electronics, Switch-Mode/UPS Power System hardware/controls and Communications, as well as real time programming expertise in C. You'll also bring a team player attitude and disciplined focus to manage a variety of design projects in a high velocity, dynamic environment.
IntelliPower, Inc. Develops and Manufactures Advanced Technology On Line Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs) with state-of-the-art high frequency switching technology and embedded microprocessor and DSP control. IntelliPower has been experiencing significant growth in military applications and industrial applications where high reliability is required in harsh rugged environments. IntelliPower has achieved the market leadership position in these market segments with total emphasis on customer satisfaction.
IntelliPower's business model is focused upon continuous improvement of all aspects of our business processes and execution embracing our ISO 9001:2008 Quality System. The Company offers medical and other benefits along with great growth opportunities. IntelliPower currently has openings in the several administrative, sales, engineering, technical and manufacturing functional areas.
At our Orange, CA headquarters, you will join a growing engineering product development team as a very important contributor to IntelliPower's expanding product lines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real-time software and control algorithms for power conversion functions based upon careful math modeling techniques for optimum performance.
- Take responsibility for DSP firmware development for a new products with very advanced UPS and power conversion systems aimed at high reliability military applications.
- Develop documentation and test plans for software
- Investigate, debug and modify existing code
- Develop standard and custom communication protocols for new systems
Education and Experience
- BSEE, BSCS, or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of progressive UPS hardware and software background, including experience in:
- Switch mode power converters
- Analog and digital electronics circuits
- C programming plus other languages
- System design and use of Microcontrollers and Digital Signal Controllers, Texas Instruments TMS320F28xxx and MSP430 technologies for high reliability power systems
- Computer models of control systems and ability to convert them into algorithms
- Writing low level device drivers (ADC, PWM, Timers, SPI, SCI, UART, CAN, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written
• Strong project management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to drive multiple competing priorities.
Preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of Network and Ethernet SNMP software and application
- Experience with Simulink or similar tools
- Experience with FORTH programming
IntelliPower, Inc. develops and manufactures advanced technology on line Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs) with state-of-the-art high frequency switching technology and embedded microprocessor and DSP control. IntelliPower has been experiencing significant growth with focus on niche markets such as military applications, industrial applications, industrial applications, and mission critical commercial systems. IntelliPower has achieved the market leadership position in these market segments with total emphasis on customer satisfaction.
IntelliPower's business model is focused upon continuous improvement of all aspects of our business processes and execution embracing our ISO 9001:2008 Quality System.
IntelliPower has become the top and most respected UPS solutions provider among customers who want high reliability in rugged or harsh environments. We have won many major military and industrial customers and programs with near term and long demand requirements. Our growth rate for our fiscal year just ended 7/31/17 is 35% and 4th quarter growth over the prior year is 77%.
The company offers medical coverage, 401K and other benefits along with great growth opportunities. Additionally, IntelliPower currently has openings in the administrative, sales, engineering, technical and manufacturing functional areas.
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 18:36:11 PDT