Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering Massachusetts October 2016
Our client has developed a disruptive membrane-isolated plastic plate technology that enables the design of highly efficient liquid desiccant based HVAC solution
The Director of Engineering is responsible for Advanced Product Development (R&D) and Design Engineering functions including: product development and engineering operations; provide direction to design engineers, scientists, technicians, and documentation specialists. Also charged with the development, evolution and execution of the company`s Strategic Technology Road Map. Active participant and contributor in the various design, gate and readiness reviews related to products, systems and services. Assess new technology, products and processes and how they can be leveraged across the engineering organization is a key position component.
Responsibilities:• Determine right mix of engineering skills, capabilities, and specialization to meet strategic needs and assign tasks based on organizational priorities and individual background and experience.
• Highlight and amplify strengths of development and engineering team, encourage high performance, hold team members accountable for timely completion of tasks and activities.
• Keep team updated on company direction, provide context for strategic and tactical changes.
• Provide leadership in the development and implementation of approaches that support new product development, custom product development, and sustain and enhance existing products.
• Champion product design and project management best practices.
• Develop, implement and monitor goals and metrics for the team members.
• Establish a schedule and format for design reviews, and chair reviews when needed or required.
• Provide input to develop and effectively manage Engineering budget, in partnership with Finance.
• Work with VP of Operations and members of the Senior Staff to develop engineering strategies, plans and programs to support the business goals and objectives.
• Transform strategy into execution through coordination of people, systems and processes.
• Determine staffing levels, recruit staff, and formulate mentoring strategies for Engineering.
• Identify and address gaps between future strategic objectives of the organization and current engineering capabilities, competencies and skills.
• BS Degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering required, Advanced Degree is preferred.
• 15 + years relevant Engineering experience, including R&D, at least 5 years as a Manager and 10 years in Plastics with engineering tools (i.e. analytical, statistical, design, data collection, etc.)
• Analyze complex functions, procedures problems and find creative, logical effective solutions.
• Must have APQP, or other stage gate experience and the ability to be a hands on manager.
• Demonstrated experience meeting goals and deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the Senior Management Team and other stake holders
We are a Large International Staffing, Recruitment and Executive Search Firm based in Toronto , Ontario but recruit throughout North America, Asia and Europe in all areas of I.T. , Sales and Marketing , Accounting & Finance , Human Resources, Engineering, Manufacturing , Operations and Health Care
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 14:02:47 PDT