Multiple US Cities (Chicago, Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, Birmingham, New York, Denver, Richmond, Greenville, Detroit, Charleston, Wilmington, Nashville, Asheville, Greenville, etc.)
Experience: 5+ years
Education: BS in Electrical Engineering preferred (but will look at experience over degree )
Industry: Industrial Machinery & Automation (within Manufacturing plant)
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the performance and profitability of the control system related technical aspects of a project (i.e. - electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, water, welding, lubrication, and programming).
Perform and champion controls related engineering tasks (i.e. - conceptualization, design, generation of schematics, component specification, purchasing support, programming, assembly support, de-bug, and field commissioning).
Systems may include programmable logic controllers (PLC), operator interface terminals (OIT), robots, servos, distributed I/O, welders, AC/DC drives, vision systems, material handling, conveyors, spraying, dispensing, industrial networks, instrumentation, pneumatics, hydraulics, and electro-mechanical control devices.
Identify potential risk areas and/or financial impacts early in the project in order to provide proactive or alternative solutions.
Provide leadership, guidance, assistance, and hands-on support to a team of internal and external controls engineering resources related to the assigned projects.
Coordinate efforts with vendors, suppliers, outside engineering firms, and contract engineers as related to the assigned projects.
Engage in progress review and planning meetings with the Project Manager, Mechanical Engineers, Assembly, and Service personal during the design, build, start-up, commissioning, warranty, and post mortem periods of the project.
Provide technical mentoring of new products, technologies and practices to company's staff. Employ in continuous improvement of the controls design and programming standards within a team environment.
This position requires a high level of collaboration with many internal and external groups, including: Controls Engineering Manager, Project Manager(s), Controls project team, Mechanical Engineering, Application Engineering, Sales, Assembly, Service, Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, Human Resources, Technical Writer, outside equipment builders, outside engineering firms, vendors/suppliers, and customers.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
• Minimum of five (5) years of custom automated equipment controls design, build, implementation, debug and troubleshooting experience (direct experience with assembly equipment preferred, as it relates to manufacturing and factory floor automation).
• Strong CAD skills as related to controls schematics generation (AutoCAD required; AutoCAD Electrical or E-Plan is a plus)
• Control system design experience
o Electrical - Strong experience required (component specification, power distribution, sizing, safety circuitry, panel layouts, local/distributed I/O, industrial networks (DeviceNet, Ethernet, EtherNet/IP, RIO, ControlNet, ProfiBUS, ProfiNet, ProfiSafe), AC/DC drives, servos, system interfacing, etc...)
o Pneumatic - Working knowledge required (ability to size, specify components, and design is a plus)
o Hydraulic - Working knowledge required (ability to size, specify components, and design is a plus)
o Welding Systems - Working knowledge is a plus
o Lubrication Systems - Working knowledge is a plus
o Safety Risk Assessments - Working knowledge is a plus
o Robotics - Working knowledge is a plus
o Peripherals (i.e. - RFID, pin stampers, vision systems, bar code readers, serial interfaces, etc...) - Working knowledge is a plus
• Programming and commissioning experience
o PLC - Strong experience required (Allen-Bradley and Siemens preferred)
o HMI - Strong experience required (Allen-Bradley and Siemens preferred)
o Industrial Networks (DeviceNet, Ethernet, EtherNet/IP, RIO, ControlNet, ProfiBUS, ProfiNet, ProfiSafe) - Some experience required
o Servos - Solid working knowledge and some experience required
o AC/DC Drives - Solid working knowledge and some experience required
o Robotics - Working knowledge is a plus
o SCADA - Working knowledge is a plus
o Peripherals (i.e. - RFID, pin stampers, vision systems, bar code readers, serial interfaces, etc...) - Some working knowledge and experience required
• Hands on with Microsoft products are a plus
• Experience with programming languages (visual basic, C, C++, Fortran, Statement List, Function Block, etc...) are a plus
• Must possess cross functional communication skills, a professional demeanor, a cooperative personality, organizational skills, multitasking capabilities, and be team orientated
• Direct experience working with customers and suppliers is required
• Familiar with current and emerging technologies, processes, and engineering practices
• Experience providing designs that comply with industry-accepted standards and codes (i.e. - OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, RIA, NEC, etc.)
• Proven experience managing project budgets and schedules
• Experience as lead controls engineer, coordinating the efforts of multiple engineers for a given project
• Able to easily adapt to customer and/or ACRO programming and design standards
• Solid mechanical aptitude desirable
Applicants must be currently authorized to legally work in the United States.
Global Recruiters of Rock Hill is an executive placement firm that specializes in placing talent in the manufacturing, distribution, and construction sectors. We partner with some of the top companies in each space and tirelessly work to bring the best talent to each to enable and foster their growth. If you are a high caliber professional in any of these industries, please visit our website at: www.grnrockhill.com and send us a copy of your resume and salary requirements.
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 08:22:23 PDT