Our central Ohio-based firm has an immediate need for an innovative, enthusiastic, organized individual who is highly technically competent regarding distributed computing environments focused on desktop, laptop, peripheral, network connectivity and other ancillary distributed computing products.
• Provide IT Field Support to customers that require advanced desk side assistance, desktop/laptop/peripheral hardware & software troubleshooting/break-fix, parts ordering, configuring, install, admin changes, server work: hardware break-fix, install, admin changes, virus/security maintenance, preventative maintenance and checks and other business network support needs
• Document troubleshooting steps and solutions related to performance reports
• Update and close tickets in a timely manner
• Provides process documentation to support operations.
Two years of College/Technical School resulting in an Associate's Degree or equivalent
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
ACCREDITATION / CERTIFICATION / LICENSES
• A+ Certification
• Extensive training and additional certification in manufacturer hardware
• Microsoft Office Specialist Certification preferred
• Provides technical support and troubleshooting in a complex client environment, with demonstrated success evidenced by customer loyalty and relationship development.
• Executed expert troubleshooting skills to identify solution as a repair or replacement.
• Demonstrated Internet and networking knowledge of hardware and software impacts on a system.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and a defect tracking (incident management) application.
• Conducted software and hardware troubleshooting techniques to identify possible networking hardware concerns.
• Proficiently used Windows XP OS in the network environment
• Employs patience and active listening skills to effectively identify issues and concerns.
• Conducts training professionals in a classroom setting or in a one-on-one setting.
• Demonstrates excellent time management skills to maximize interventions on site.
• The ability to learn-once and apply-many-times the information and problem solving tools that are made available.
• Knowledge of peripherals such as printers, scanners, smartboards.
• Manages multiple projects, tasks and phone lines with minimal error.
• Quickly assimilates and applies technical information and problem solving techniques.
$17 per hour - Contract Position
Local IT company - Columbus, OH
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 07:54:11 PDT