HiL Engineer - Vehicle Evaluation & Verification
Manage and execute the process to provide an environment to support Hardware in the Loop (HiL) testing. The environment would consist of a HiL simulator, Matlab/Simulink model, and lab vehicle. The process would include designing, validating, maintaining, and updating the test environment based on a project's scope and the test environment requirements. Documenting the test environment's hardware design and developing plans to maintain/update the system would also be critical. This position requires a very deep knowledge of the test environment's hardware (e.g. HiL simulator architectures, I/O boards and signal conditioning), good Matlab/Simulink modeling skills for HiL signal handling/ hardware control, and experience working with automotive sensors, actuators, switches, and communication protocols (CAN, LIN).
- Develop processes, tools and techniques for advanced, model-based, embedded control systems validation
- Integrate plant models and soft ECU models in Simulink for execution in HiL (Hardware in Loop) test environments.
- Ensure real-time execution capability in HIL simulator.
- Enable simulation of controls and plant models in the Matlab/Simulink/StateFlow environment by overcoming limitations, incompatibilities, and constraints of the modeling environment.
- Maintain and improve the Hardware in the Loop (HIL) environments for software testing.
- Develop expertise in optimizing the usage and performance of these environments.
- Work with corporate experts and contribute to the implementation of HIL technologies.
- Work with outside contractors/vendors to solve issues and provide custom tools.
- Train and support users in the successful usage of these environments.
- Design, implement and commission fixtures and loads.
- Document the test environment hardware design and implementation .
- Manage the test environment signal list.
- Implement testing hardware requirements (connections, layouts).
- Provide verification tests of the test environment hardware components, identify and troubleshoot hardware problems.
- Develop a hardware bill of materials for the project and work closely with suppliers to develop engineering solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ Years' experience in Hardware in Loop instrumentation design and development
- 2+ Years' experience in modeling and simulation including dSpace HiL simulators
- 2+ Years' experience with automotive components, wiring and schematic interpretation
- Ability to quickly learn and/or improve existing knowledge in working with simulation environments.
- Ability to work in a team and interface with colleagues from different backgrounds towards technology improvement and problem resolution.
- Ability to develop efficient & logical methods to solve difficult problems and focus on the end goal to get the job done.
- Strong technical writing skills and in-depth experience in the creation and use of Excel macros.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written), willing to make presentations in front of large groups.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and quickly adjust to changing requirements.
- Good communicator with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Experience in one or more of the following Tools & Techniques:
- Modeling Tools: Matlab, Modelica
- HIL Simulation: dSPACE, NI
- ECU Tools: Vector, ATI Vision
- Experience or formal training in Simulink modeling using Real-Time Workshop
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink simulation including Accelerator mode, S-functions, Data Typing, Libraries, Model Referencing, StateFlow, TLCs etc.
- Experience with vision system development and integration into HiL systems.
The distance between imagination and .... Creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. And, it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company, your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products - and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Ford Motor Company is about more than making world-class vehicles - at Ford we Go Further to make people's lives better. In order to continue to build upon the success of our world renowned Ford and Lincoln brands, we are looking to attract top talent like you!
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 08:10:46 PDT