We are a Manufacturing company looking for a Dynamic Weld Engineer.
We offer GREAT Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance paid by the employer
- Sick days
- Generous amount of Holiday pay
- Vacation Pay
- Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Acct
- Great work culture
- We promote Life work balance
Develops welding techniques and procedures to support new fabrication processes, improve existing activities, support short-term and long-term business goals.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to support new product introduction and to improve existing welding activities.
- Write and issue welding procedure specifications (WPS) and procedure qualification records (PQR) for acceptance to customer's procedures and industry codes.
- Coordinates and monitor's the qualification process for all weld procedures.
- Maintains a current log of all active PQR's and WPS's.
- Directs and coordinates the certification or qualification of technical personnel to new or established welding procedures.
- Coordinates scheduled preventive maintenance, minor repairs, and upkeep of the welding machinery per manufactures recommended procedures and industry practices.
- Performs research and development studies to continuously improve quality and reduce costs.
- Prepares technical reports to support research and development studies, and preventive maintenance strategies.
- Evaluates new developments in the field of welding for possible application to current problems or production processes.
- Coordinates with technical agencies, engineering personnel, or clients to exchange ideas and information, or offer technical advice on welding matters.
- May perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Interacts with shop supervisors, engineering, customer, management, and other employees in a professional manner.
- Perform root cause analysis of weld related issues to identify defect trends, and determine corrective actions.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Welding Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years practical experience in welding engineering or related field.
- Working knowledge of EB welding equipment, processes, and requirements.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work to a high level of detail and accuracy.
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 16:16:31 PDT