The NCFL Controller will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
The ideal candidate will manage the accounting/finance department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management and other users in making decisions about the company's future.
With guidance from the CFO/Senior Director of Operations, and in close collaboration with department colleagues, the Controller will:
- Manage and oversee the activities of the accounting/finance department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, the execution of monthly and year-end general ledger closings, manual invoicing, internal and external monthly financial statements, KPI's, annual audits, and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of disbursements, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payables, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of receivables, ensuring the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts, etc.; oversee the bi-weekly, monthly, and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports.
- Serve as partner and advisor to CFO/Senior Director of Operations on any accounting/finance issues. Respond as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate the CFO/Senior Director of Operations' financial needs.
- Work closely with the VP of External Affairs to provide financial updates for the submission of funding reports to Grantors. Manually create invoices for submission to funders.
- Manage all funds and inform all fund managers of progress and areas of concern on a monthly basis.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value by improving efficiencies. Maintain a documented system of those accounting policies and procedures including a chart of accounts.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the accounting/finance function including audit preparation, planning, and staff development.
- A bachelor's degree or higher with specialization in accounting or finance; non-profit and/or government experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with Great Plains software or other accounting software, fund accounting, and eight to ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience highly desirable. Leadership in managing comprehensive funds with strategic focus to advance NCFL's mission and goals.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with a track record for translating strategic thinking and processes into action plans and output.
- Demonstrated and proven leadership experience in accounting/finance, including working internally and externally to achieve superior results.
- Substantial experience in administering and implementing financial processes to improve efficiencies.
- Demonstrated experience in providing strong organizational leadership.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. NCFL offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. For information regarding NCFL, visit our Web site at www.familieslearning.org.
We are the National Center for Families Learning, formerly known as National Center for Family Literacy, and since 1989 we have helped more than one million families make educational and economic progress by pioneering - and continuously improving - family literacy programs.
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:58:14 PDT