SHORE Total Office, located in the Sorrento Valley area, is looking for a detail-oriented team player with the ability to learn quickly. We are a small, fast paced, growing, energetic organization specializing in complex office furniture turnkey solutions; we pride ourselves on having a dedicated, engaged and fun team providing 100% client satisfaction.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting in all phases of projects from inception through completion and installation of the projects. The majority of projects are FF&E construction installation projects with the Federal Government/Department of Defense on military installations.
Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with customers, subcontractors, vendors, and internal employees. Position must be able to evolve into Project Management if proven capable.
The Project Coordinator is also responsible for providing updates and generating progress reports as requested. This is a full-time position (M-F).
Expected Tasks and Performance:
• Review, interpret, and submit Statements of Work to organize proper resources for project work
• Estimate costs associated with projects including materials and labor; negotiating contracts with architects, engineers, subcontractors, and vendors
• Manage all aspects of project from initial contract, pre-construction, resource selection, construction/install phases, closeout, etc.
• Manage and ensure compliance with Federal/State codes and regulations, obtain permits, safety/resource certifications, and proper staging
• Monitor progress of project, communicate allocation of resources and interactions between vendors, subcontractors, and clients
• Ensure organization and communication of all parties involved in project work
Required Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Construction/Project Management or related field
• Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, Google Gmail and associated applications
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
• A "can-do" attitude; possessing drive, initiative and a desire to learn
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and design schematics
• Experience with Federal/DoD construction, contracting is a plus
• Experience in construction, FF&E, specialties contracting is a plus
A company cell phone and other devices may be allocated to you if required by project demands. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Supplemental Insurance. We also offer competitive Vacation, Holidays, and 401(k) retirement plans.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Job Type: Full-time
Shore Total Office was founded in 1970 as one of the original, dedicated office furniture companies in Southern California. We have grown to become a diversified supplier of high quality furniture, FF&E, cubicles, and design. Shore currently employees over 30 associates and boasts a 46,000 sq ft. warehouse and showroom in Miramar, CA. At Shore, our clients come to expect a true team approach to every project. We have friendly sales staff, skilled designers, and dedicated project managers that can satisfy virtually any request.
Shore Total Office is a HUBZone-certified company, a program with the Small Business Administration, and in order to maintain this certification our organization is seeking applicants who live at a HUBZone address. To check your address for HUBZone status, you can input your address at: http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ The Map will indicate whether or not the address is HUBZone certified. Addresses in orange are certified, addresses in yellow are certified until a specific date, and addresses in gray are not certified. Please check your status before applying.
Shore Total Office is a division of RAL Investment Corporation. RAL Investment Corporation d.b.a. Shore Total Office is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
San Diego, CA
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 09:42:16 PDT