Help Desk - Part time
The position is responsible for providing first level phone and email support to customers on hardware, software, and network related problems and questions. Responsible for answering the customer support lines, generating trouble tickets, works with campus-based and central IT staff to coordinate second and third level support and to ensure user problems are being addressed in accordance
**Hours are typically 20 to 28 hours per week. Must be able to work shifts within the hours of Monday - Friday 8 am to 10 pm; Saturday 8am to 5 pm and Sunday 11 am to 8 pm
- Provide PC hardware and software help desk support via telephone & on-site service to customers.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance from customers via telephone, email and automatic ticket system.
- Document, track and monitor technical issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Provide installation, configuration, troubleshooting and support for MS Office, MS Outlook, Symantec/Norton Virus detection software, Internet browser IE.
- Setup Network account for new employees.
- Perform add/modify/delete of user profiles and accounts.
- Analyze/troubleshoot third level desktop, application and network issues and forward to appropriate team member.
- Creating help desk documentation, step by step instructions.
- Assist in maintaining the technology intranet site.
- Assisting students and faculty with Blackboard, labs, and iCampus.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field is preferred, but not required.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- 2 years experience in a help desk or call center environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Exchange, Windows 7/XP, Blackboard, Strayer 360
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Adobe, Crystal reports etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.