Mechanical/Process Engineer - HighTech Manufacturing
Are you passionate about a career in engineering and manufacturing?
Fusion Optix is looking for a pro-active, talented mechanical engineer to join its team to support production in a wide ranging engineering role. You will be involved at every step from idea creation through to volume production.
About The Role:
- Design tooling and perform R&D equipment and process trials to develop new products and process improvements.
- Operate profile extrusion equipment, wire EDM and CNC machines to produce prototype parts and setup production.
- Design and install equipment additions and jigs to help improve processes and inline QC.
- Develop detailed specifications and technical drawings using Solidworks for release to production.
- 3D printing of parts and tools to check dimensional form and function.
- Work with operations and quality functions to ensure all work orders, specifications and drawings are accurate before release to production team.
- Verification of dimensional tolerances and performance metrics of batches against Solidworks engineering drawings.
- Support quality control procedures during production utilizing optical test and material inspection equipment.
- Work with operators and technicians to reduce waste and apply Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Develop career to assume more responsibility and a broader skills base.
The successful candidates will have:
- Mechanical engineering or related degree, ideally with exposure to manufacturing disciplines
- Ability to create and edit engineering and technical drawings in Solidworks
- Knowledge of CAD software, including OptiCAM.
- Mechanically minded, practical, able to operate extruders, CNC equipment and with knowledge of motors, gearing and drive schemes.
- Practical knowledge of CNC milling and metal shop type skills a definite plus.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing-related role essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Good attention to detail and good numeracy ability.
- Team player with good inter-personal skills.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate consideration.
Fusion Optix is a world leader in LED light engines and optics. We design, develop and manufacture components and modules that are used in lighting fixtures, lamps and bulbs. We are a hard working, collegiate and international team that are revolutionizing the way people light their lives. Our compensation and benefits are designed to attract, reward and retain the best talent. We reward performance and In addition to competitive base salaries we offer bonuses and profit related pay. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Fidelity 401K with 6% company matching, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage. Our philosophy is to reward quality work, excellent customer service, high performing results and team building wherever we can, Fusion Optix promotes from within wherever possible.
Fusion Optix was recently voted by Red Herring as one of the Top100 most innovative companies in the Americas and listed by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing manufacturing company in the US. We have sold products to 40 countries worldwide and our customers include some of the world's most distinguished brands. We are recognized as industry leaders in optics and our patented innovations can be found in products used every day in business or the home. As well as, the demanding scientific, medical, military and aerospace applications. Our company headquarter is in Woburn MA where we house our main air conditioned cleanroom production operations.
Visit our website (http://www.fusionoptix.com) or follow us on twitter (@fusionoptix).
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 13:38:15 PDT