AIREKO ENERGY SOLUTIONS has immediate openings for a Master Electrician
Position: Master Electrician
Electrician is responsible to execute the installation, the service and repairs of an electrical system. Has the skills and qualifications to certify an electrical installation. Nonexempt position.
- Configures, assemble, installs, inspects and maintains electrical and solar systems
- Receive, storage and distribute materials in a cost-effective manner.
- Asses the environment, detects and mitigate any hazards associated with the installation.
- Install electrical and solar systems according to drawings, specifications, schematics and manufacturers manuals.
- Install brackets, hangers, conduits, wire and electrical equipment altogether with an electrician helper.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, inverters, combiner boxes and/or electrical components.
- Replace faulty breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components and wires during the absence of energy.
- Responsible for preparing electrical trenches, equipment concrete pads and equipment supports.
- To follow safety codes and corporate safety program, manufacturer's specifications and superior instructions.
- To follow the National Electric Code and Local State Regulations
- To perform system commissioning; including visually inspection, mechanical testing and electrical testing.
- Diagnostic malfunctioning systems and components to locate problems and correct them.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the electrical helpers.
- To prepare sketches to determine equipment locations and wiring to ensure conformance to NEC, State regulations and/or safety codes.
- To perform management duties such as maintain records, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Capable to identify risks and prepare safety job hazard analysis.
- Communicate information, labor production, issues and any other information related to the job to his supervisor.
- To perform the task in a timely manner.
- To participate in meetings, workshops training and seminars assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Understand electrical systems, read blueprints, schematics and understand solar powered systems
- Knowledgeable on electrical construction and electrical concepts
- Must be able to work on different height roofs and may need to climb ladders and scaffolds more than one time on the same day.
- Must have physical stamina and strength. Able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Good eyesight and hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to perform troubleshooting; identify problems and think logically about solutions
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in documents related to the work
- Mathematics knowledge
- Active listener
- Capable to use hand and power tools (benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaw and wire strippers)
- Detail oriented and able to follow instructions
- LEAN tools and technics
- Ability to communicate with others
- Able to work under limited supervision
- Health, safety and environmental practices
- Team work
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB
Ability to meet physical demands typically associated with this type of position including but not limited to:
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to lift or carry up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Ability to lift or carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to use arms to reach above shoulder and below waist frequently
- Ability to use hands for simple grasping and fine manipulation frequently
- Ability to balance, bend, climb, crawl, and squat frequently
- Ability to be exposed to marked changes in humidity and temperature frequently
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalency
- Master Electrician License
- Backgrounds in electrical technology or electrical construction through an apprenticeship or formal degree program
- Building and construction methods
- Solar Systems Training and certification.
- Should have undergone training workshops or courses in the basics of PV systems
- OSHA requirements and standard; 10-hours certification.
- NFPA 70E requirements and standards certification.
- All electrical interventions to existing electrical systems MUST be under ZERO energy presence.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record, if required to drive corporate vehicles
- Able to travel and able to work overtime if required
*This Job Description is designed to accurately reflect job responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and other job related responsibilities may be required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 12:35:26 PDT