The Production Lead will work with and direct employees in the day to day pre-weigh, blending and packaging operations. Production Lead will assist with the coordination of daily scheduling and production. The Production Lead ensures that production of products meets or exceeds efficiency and company quality standards. In addition, the Production Lead ensures that employees are following our process and conforming to our GMP standards by managing Quality Systems and documents, in addition to performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Daily Production - Products are produced, packaged, and labeled to specifications according to work order instructions, following all QC and lot control processes
- Works and Direct temporary and full time employees in manufacturing products to ensure safety, quality and productivity.
- Accurately weigh raw materials per Batch Manufacturing Procedure (BMP) formula / Work order.
- Maintain accurate records of raw materials being consumed in Pre-Weigh Department, as well as record these issuances on Pre-Weigh Sheets.
- Report all inventory inconsistencies and discrepancies to Quality group and Plant Manager
- Locate all transferred raw materials in dedicated pre-weigh locations and manage the replenishment of materials to these locations.
- Cycle count and maintain accurate inventory records within the Pre-weigh Department.
- Complete all Work order Pre-weigh requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review product blend sheet, work order and process router for each scheduled batch
- Verify all steps to be performed, assign checklist completion
- Monitor active ingredient quantities and additions to production batches
- Supervise blending and work order, sign off on blend sheet
- Review sanitation checklist with production crew and ensure completion
- Verify packaging setup (room and equipment prep, labeling, palletization) and execution
- Confirm and Verify packaging and labeling completion to specification
- Raw material usage is within specifications from work orders.
- Verify cleanup process execution, sign off on checklist and sanitation results
- Understand H.A.C.C.P. and maintain procedures and documentation for Quality Systems
- Schedule and supervise execution of required daily cleaning and sanitation, quality, and regulatory processes; Adhere to frequency and methods of cleaning per sanitation SOPs; maintain proper documentation and use of all chemicals used.
- Plant safety standards are adhered to, and support efforts to ensure the manufacturing facilities are in environmental and regulatory compliance
- The facility is customer site visit clean on short notice at all times
- Any other tasks as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be highly motivated and self-directed and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate all levels of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to use a keyboard, calculator, and telephone. Frequent sitting, talking, hearing, and occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift (50 lbs.), and ability to adjust vision for close vision work. Occasional exposure to airborne dust, high humidity, and extremes of hot and cold are possible. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is at times exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is at times exposed to oils and liquids.
- The employee is at times exposed to high noise environments.
Education and/or Experience
A high school diploma/GED or higher is required, 2 to 5 years manufacturing experience leading people. (Promotion from within the company will also qualify potential candidate)
Ability to read, understand and modify specification, work order, and inventory management documents as directed. Fluent English speaker.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Thorough understanding of unit of measure conversions.
Ability to make educated judgments on correctness, accuracy, and appropriateness of information. Must be able to organize, and prioritize and make decisions.
Must be able to understand, maintain, and follow systems for keeping up on details of multiple production runs; must understand physical and computer based work queues and keep product moving thru production.
Attention to Detail
Must continually demonstrate a very strong attention to detail, careful execution of tasks, and regularly check the work of production team members to ensure execution of specific instructions and ultimate blend quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual needs the aptitude to learn company computer systems and build and retain excellent knowledge of how they work. General computer aptitude for learning systems like MS tools, FBSS, Docuware will be required to excel in this position.
It is the responsibility of each employee to comply with occupational safety and health standards issued under OSHA and to follow all rules, regulations, and procedures established by the Company to ensure that their actions do not impact the health and safety of themselves or others.
Prinova is the leading global supplier to the food and nutrition industries of high-quality, complete ingredient, flavor and blending solutions, complimented by superior market knowledge and exceptional customer service.
Carol Stream, IL
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:24:55 PDT