Accounting Manager, Controller
Accounting Manager/Controller Position Available-Sarasota
Job Title: Accounting Manager/Controller
Reports to: President and CFO
Since 1999 Rapid Composites has been an established provider of engineering services with the skill, training, expertise and resources to take projects from concept through production. We specialize in developing products from the ground up and are capable of executing a "start to finish" process entirely under one roof.
Our Innovative Company seeks an Accounting Manager in the Sarasota, Florida area. We specialize in advanced composite packaging for some of the most prominent defense, aerospace, commercial and automotive companies. Help us grow a new, highly automated facility in Sarasota Florida. In 2016 Firestone Fibers & Textiles (FSFT), a business unit of Bridgestone Americas, Inc., acquired a minority interest in Rapid Composites.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 3 or more years of related experience
• DCAA experience
• Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & Cost Accounting Standards
• Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
• Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
• Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
• Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
• Ability to analyze general ledger accounts
• Strong organizational and communicational skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS ARE CONSIDERED A PLUS:
• FAR, DFAR, GAGAS experience
• Experience with MRP/ERP software (JobBoss a big plus)
• Experience with government contract vehicles such as, SBIR and STTR
• Experience with Six Sigma, ITAR and ISO and/or AS compliance certifications
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Responsible for preparing month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
• Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by brand by customer type
• Maintaining the accounting system in compliance with DCAA/FAR requirements.
• Compiling information to assist with future DCAA Audits
• Assist in determining costs and establishing prices for customer quotes and preparing customer quotes
• Establish/maintain cost and sales price for new and existing projects/products
• Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls
• Assist in establishing inventory control procedures
• Work on special projects as required
Rapid Composites maintains grounds and workplaces that are entirely smoke free.
Rapid Composites offers a very competitive compensation package along with exceptional growth potential. We look forward to hearing from you.
Since 1999 Rapid Composites has been an established provider of engineering services with the skill, training, expertise and resources to take projects from concept through production. We work on time, on budget and within the most exacting standards of precision and performance.
Rapid Composites offers a wide array of services including industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, prototyping, tooling, carbon fiber molding and production.
We specialize in developing products from the ground up and are capable of executing a start to
finish process entirely under one roof.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Wed, 30 Aug 2017 19:14:23 PDT