District Manager Western Kansas
This position is responsible for the overall management and direct operation of a group of approximately ten to fifteen sites. Additional responsibilities include achievement of financial results, effective team leadership including staffing/recruiting, scheduling, coaching and counseling, store image and marketing execution. As one of the nation's premier operators of more than 6000 company-owned convenience stores, we strive to be the best place to shop and work. For our customers, that means fast, friendly service, and a quality shopping experience each time they visit one of our stores, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. For our employees, that means offering a dynamic work environment, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
• Maximizes store sales by directing and assisting Store Manager with merchandising programs, providing information and recapping promotional activities.
• Manages controllable costs including merchandise/cash variations, salaries, overtime, cash, repair and maintenance.
• Achieves financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
• Ensures vendors meet expectations by evaluation performance and developing partnerships.
• Ensures compliance with requirements by enforcing adherence to policies and procedures, and governmental regulations; advises management of needed actions.
• Provides leadership and direction to store managers, including assistance in recruiting, selection, and orientation processes, assists with employee development and training programs.
• Maintains a safe and secure working environment through the enforcement of safety practices, providing information and training.
• Implements non-discriminatory related management skills while hiring, training, counseling, motivating and separating employees.
• Performs multiple tasks in fast paced and detail oriented environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
• Actively participates in the recruitment of Store Managers and monitors training as needed and required.
• Inventory controls, levels, turns and theft investigations.
• Ensures execution of all security, mystery shop, age-restricted sales, in-stock, health and safety programs.
• Develops, manages and assigns tasks to Store Managers appropriately to ensure the site is clean, adequately stocked, organized and customer ready based on Company standards.
• Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisors.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
As one of the nation's premier operators of more than 15,000 convenience stores, we strive to be the best place to shop and work. For our customers, that means fast, friendly service, and a quality shopping experience each time they visit one of our stores, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. For our employees, that means offering a dynamic work environment, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
To reach our goal of being the best place to work, we offer a full range of benefits to our employees including: Competitive salaries
Medical and dental plans
401(k) savings plans
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Garden City, KS
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:13:46 PDT