Seeking a self-motivated and reliable individual with experience as a Civil Estimator in site, heavy or highway construction. Individual should be knowledgeable with highway construction, excavation, drainage and utility work and must be well organized, detail oriented, have basic computer skills and encompass the ability to read blue prints, details and specifications.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Estimates by preparing full quantity take-offs, budgets for cost of materials, labor, and use of equipment required for completing the contract.
- Researches construction documents and analyzes specifications to determine estimated costs of building the proposed project to spec.
- Reviews subcontractor and supplier bids in accordance to contract requirements. Help to determine acceptable bids and gaps in scope.
- Assists Project Managers in the buy-out process by preparing spread sheets detailing subcontractor and supplier scopes of work and pricing.
- Experience with negotiated and hard bid estimating.
- Subcontractor solicitation and negotiation.
- Experience with Estimating and Takeoff Software. IE: Bid2Win, Insite.
- Knowledge in Earthwork, Concrete, Asphalt, Utility and other aspects of Heavy Site and Civil Construction.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively-both verbally and in writing with owners, co-workers and subcontractors.
- Ability to multitask by biding mutable projects at one time.
- Preferably an education background in Engineering and / or Mathematics
Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:44:55 PDT