Manages and coordinates all aspects of construction projects, including executing plans, organizing, budgeting, and cost reporting. Ensures that the goals and objectives of each project are accomplished on schedule and within budget, and that quality and safety standards are met. Supervises department staff in successfully accomplishing goals and objectives.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project , staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project .
• Coordinates with department managers to establish work plans and staffing for each phase of the project.
• Ensures that project activities comply with government regulations.
• Verifies estimates based on detailed review of proposal specifications.
• Attends and/or leads meetings with project staff and management to communicate information related to each function's needs concerning project requirements.
• Supervises project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with designs, budgets and schedules; takes appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations.
• Assists with resolution of any problems that may arise during project execution.
• Monitors the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project; confers with project staff to ensure that assigned duties and responsibility are performed per agreed upon expectations.
• Manages financial aspects of contracts.
• Supervises and coordinates onsite activities and provides day-to-day direction of onsite staff.
• Ensures that quality, productivity and safety standards are being met.
• Provides technical assistance and makes recommendations.
• Monitors safety programs.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Represents the company in project meetings.
• Assists with preparation of written reports and/or updates (internal and external) for management, client, and project team, to ensure a clear understanding of project status.
• Hires, trains, and manages performance of staff.
• Administers financial tracking systems to monitor project costs and estimates.
Job Qualifications: • A minimum of 5 years of construction management experience including a thorough knowledge of construction industry practices, methods, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of basic project accounting, project controls (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), material management, contract management, subcontract management, safety, and quality.
• Exhibits strong management skills and has the ability to lead and motivate employees.
• Track record of successfully executing projects on schedule and within budget.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong client relations, influencing skills and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
This position is located in Santa Fe Springs, CA. Relocation is available for the right candidate.
Physical/Travel/Attendance Requirements • Frequently works outdoors at construction sites and occasionally works indoors.
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches while negotiating work areas under construction.
• Sits, reads, writes and uses a keyboard.
• May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• May be exposed to loud noise.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
#LI-DK1-RC : 122085
North America's leader in Track and Transit & Systems construction and maintenance services
RailWorks Corporation builds and maintains rail transportation infrastructure that keeps people and goods moving across the United States and Canada.
We provide railway construction and railroad maintenance services for a range of clients, from major transit authorities and transportation agencies, to industries served by rail, ports, waterways and utilities, to railroads of all sizes.
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 13:55:30 PDT