Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Principle Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for the leadership of a production crew with regards to safety, quality, efficiency, and consistent application of best practices.
• Investigates low efficiency jobs to determine root cause of poor performance and makes process adjustments to maintain superior quality, under direction of the Production Manager.
• Ensure that all products produced meet or exceed customer specifications.
• Communicate to workforce priorities based on established weekly production schedules and implement these priorities through daily assignments.
• Provide a floor presence and understanding of the processes adequate to set the example for others to follow.
• Hold high quality standards, make judgments about the acceptability of production in process and provide training to shift personnel to ensure all personnel have the tools necessary for optimum performance.
• Oversee the performance of all quality checks performed by associates.
• Continually follow up with members of the crew to reinforce the standards and expectations of the plant, and coach and counsel those that need help.
• Handle day-to-day production documentation and ensures its accuracy and timely input into reporting systems.
• Attend departmental meetings and communicate to staff and consistently carry that message to the crew.
• Responsible for improving plant safety performance.
• Communicate regularly with plant personnel to maintain high level of morale.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in packaging environment.
• 2-5 years as a supervisor and or manager in a production role.
• PC-based computing experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) essential.
• ERP experience preferred.
• Ability to adjust and multi-task, and attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, meet deadlines, and work in a team environment is essential.
• Ability to read, write, and understand English (Bi-lingual skills in Spanish preferred).
Familiar with packaging machinery, handling and assembly of corrugated materials.
• Strong leadership and personnel management skills.
• Ability to manage quality, productivity, cost improvement, and performance management.
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective written and verbal communications skills required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the warehouse environment. Frequent exposure to shop elements such as noise, moving parts, dust, and fumes. The noise level is considered usually very moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required, for a period of 8-12 hours per day, stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, controls, or tools. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Design, manufacturing, packaging, metrics reporting, and distribution in a single source, that's QPSI, the leader in contract packaging and supply chain solutions. With 36 years of experience satisfying the world's best pharmaceutical, healthcare, beauty, and consumer goods companies, we know how to get the most out of each step in the chain, from the first raw idea to the final product delivered to your customer.
QPSI knows your business. You want the best in supply chain discipline, innovation flexibility, customer service, and quality.
Supply chain discipline is in our DNA. No company today offers the level of KPI tracking and metrics reporting we do. Efficiency isn't just about streamlining the process; it's the best way to save you money.
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 09:56:30 PDT