EMT - Basic, responds to emergency and non-emergency requests, provides Basic Life Support (BLS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility and complies with appropriate state Department of Health Standards.
Responsibilities: Operational Objectives
- Respond to calls in a timely manner based off Company protocols.
- Meet and exceed Contractual response times.
- Represent the Company by being courteous, professional, and a patient advocate.
- Operate and drive an ambulance with regard to state and company safety policies.
- Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with Communications Center.
- Comply with all protocols for treatment and transportation of the sick and injured as defined by the Company, local, and regional Medical Control.
- Maintain and replenish vehicle, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance while maintaining a courteous, professional, and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with other members of the health care system, co-workers, and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation.
- Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours. Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Uses care and respect with all equipment and supplies.
- Ability to accurately map to a designation.
- Practice within your certification skillset.
- Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
- Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates. Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
- Maintain knowledge about job and medical field.
- Current state EMT certification as required by State.
- Current CPR certification card
- Current state Driver's License in good standing.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's Driving Policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Other qualifications/certifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements.
- Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
- Certification/education as required by state
Trans-Star Ambulance Service was established in 1998 in Prestonsburg, Kentucky. We now employ 250 employees, and operate 50 ambulance units in 8 Eastern Kentucky Counties. We welcome team members who promotes the very best care for our communities.
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 19:33:14 PDT