Coordinator, Theatre & Productions
General Statement of Job
Serves as Technical Director and Theater Facilities Manager for theater spaces for all Austin Community College (ACC) drama and dance productions.
Location Highland Campus Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm but will vary during event coordination Salary Coordinator 2/119 ($34,612.00 - $49,445.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Dean, Arts and Humanities Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Stage craft, production planning, safety standards, and operation of related stage equipment.
- Reading and interpreting blue prints and technical drawings.
- Technical knowledge of theatre structure such as rigging/set assembly; performing arts production such as scenes, costumes, media, makeup, and lighting; and creation of cost effective alternatives.
- Theatre finances and production budgets.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established and flexible work schedule that may include evening or weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
- Handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Adeptness to interact effectively with students, faculty, and others of diverse backgrounds.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use CAD software and related theatre production software.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- 5+ years work related experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel between multiple campus locations.
- Work is performed in a variety of places including stage, off stage, and office settings.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling, and at times stooping, crawling, and climbing, and use of ladders and scaffolding/high places.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to focus.
- May be exposed to various fumes, chemicals, odors, dust, mists, gases, or stuffy/confined areas.
- May be exposed to moving mechanical parts/electrical currents.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with college productions from the technical/stage/support areas.
- Supervisory or scheduling experience.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.