Nurse, Colonial Health Center
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Colonial Health Center (CHC), a multidisciplinary, integrated, student healthcare service, serves as the primary healthcare agency for GW students and the entire student community. We provide easy access to high-quality care to enable students to return to classes as quickly as possible. We seek to educate and encourage students to become active participants in their own care and to support the University community in making healthy lifestyle choices. https://edu.gwu.healthcenter.gwu.edu
The Colonial Health Center seeks a Registered Nurse to provide immunization, perform nursing assessments, triage urgent care patients, and provide support to clinical staff, using an integrated, holistic approach.
Responsibilities include :
• Manages immunization program including administration of immunizations as required by the District of Columbia and recommended by the CDC ,tracks immunizations to support compliance as required by specific university schools and programs.
• Provides travel immunizations and consult on travel health
• Manages PPD testing with follow up as appropriate
• Performs nursing assessments and triage
• Performs other procedures and treatments in consult with clinical staff
• Oversees quality control in clinical area
• Orders medical supplies and medication
• Participates in health promotion activities including Flu Shot Clinics and HIV Testing
• Sits on committees within the CHC to support our integrated model of care
• Participates in Department of Student Affairs events
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
This is a 12 month full time position
Masters degree in nursing, or its equivalent, 3 years of primary health care experience, and current DC licensure as a Registered Nurse. Finalists must pass credentials verification and National Practitioner Data Bank query.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience working around higher education student population
-Experience in College Health or Ambulatory Care setting
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Division of Student Affairs Family Health Services Sub-Family Nursing Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006671 Job Open Date: 09/15/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter