TCS Education System is currently seeking a Network Systems Engineer to join the IT Operations department.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining and administering the operation of a nationwide network and server infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software and related infrastructure components remain in a highly available state by following established maintenance procedures and resolving issues as they arise. The Engineer will also be responsible for planning a future path for systems and services for the enterprise.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professionalism while using technical, analytical and communication skills to collaborate with IT staff in central IT and at the college locations.
- Help support datacenter operations in a Cisco, F5, VMware, Windows-based environment.
- Help Support current and future Cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Promptly address issues affecting systems security, availability, and take ownership until resolution.
- Install and configure network and server hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain network, system security, and data integrity.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into user-friendly English.
- Lead discussions and provide insight from a SME perspective to move projects along and fix issues that arise.
- Understand Data Center technologies that include High Availability, Disaster Recovery, designs and implementations.
- Experience managing virtual servers in a Windows Servers and VMWare environment (250+ servers and multiple sites)
- Ability to work after-hours, including weekends, and participate in on-call rotation as needed
- Understanding up scripting and automation in systems that include but not limited to Windows, VMware, and Azure.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a related major, such as computer science, information technology, engineering or mathematics preferred.
- Minimum five years' experience in a mission critical, corporate IT work environment.
- Technical Certification in Microsoft, VMWare, or Cloud technologies, preferred
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TCS Education System