Superintendent - Commercial Construction (Medical)
Envision Construction and Design, Inc. is seeking a Construction Superintendent to manage Commercial Medical Construction projects in the $100,000 to $5,000,000 range.
We are a well-established Specialty Medical Construction Company known for our high standards of quality and professionalism. We strive to maintain an extremely positive and enjoyable working environment throughout the company. We are looking to add to our current team a very qualified, knowledgeable and positive individual who has progressive thinking and an open-minded approach to problem solving. Medical and dental insurance and retirement plan are available after probation period.
Above the Line Principles:
If you can commit to and live with these principles, then you're the type of person who will be successful and help our company thrive. If you feel this level of accountability is not right for you, that you're not willing or able to engage with us at this level and take the steps necessary to do what you say you are going to do and be accountable for your actions.... In other words, live bove the Line"; then we are not a good fit and you don't belong here with us. We understand that not every person is ready for this level of commitment, and we appreciate the honesty of those who decide this is not the right place for them. On the other hand, you would make an ideal candidate to join our company if you are willing to commit to the following Above the Line principles:
- Accountability.....See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It
- Become Part of the Solution
- Respect for others and their Feelings
- Act Now!
- "What else can I do?"
- "What coaching do you have for me? ... What can I do better?"
- Personal Ownership
- Reject Average
- Show others that you Care
- Supervise all on-site construction activities of assigned projects from start to finish.
- Direct on-site Construction Safety Program and Weekly Safety Meetings.
- Work closely with the Project Manager in formulation and maintaining the construction schedule throughout the project.
- Produce accurate material takeoffs.
- Produce and submit the following documents accurately: RFI's, RFI Log, Daily reports, Communication Log and Safety Meeting Forms.
- Assist in reviewing shop drawing submittals from subs.
- Supervise employees, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure quality control and project compliance.
- Resolve problems as they arise from the plans and specifications, unknown existing conditions, conflicts, with Architects, Engineers, Designers, Subcontractors and/or Vendors.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the completion of all punch lists.
- Ensure that all construction work performed is of the highest quality.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a supervisory role on commercial construction projects.
- Prior experience as a Superintendent.
- Working knowledge of all phases of construction.
- Proficient at reading plans and specifications for all trades.
- Laptop & intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Microsoft Project.
- Reliable transportation & hand tools
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability and willingness to work with tools as required.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Willing to travel temporarily (we have a lot of work in Arizona).
If you are qualified for the outlined responsibilities and are interested in joining our team, please e-mail your Resume, along with a Cover Letter, Projects Lists, Salary History and Professional References, local candidates only, principles only, no recruiters.
We are a well established Medical/Healthcare Commercial Construction Company.
San Francisco, CA
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 10:29:24 PDT