Graduate Studies Coordinator - Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering (A170056
Graduate Studies Coordinator
Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering (ISE) in the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Graduate Studies Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to manage the ongoing procedures and advising activities for graduate studies in ISE. The Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Operations, working closely with the Associate Head of Graduate Studies, faculty, and staff. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the daily operations of Graduate Studies.
- Serve as Chief Graduate Program Advisor, assisting graduate students during their academic career and ensuring degree requirements are fulfilled. Serve as primary contact for all graduate students. Certify graduate degrees.
- Responsible for all student-related academic functions such as recruiting, admissions, visas, records, enrollment, orientation, as well as assistantship, grant, fellowship and appointment processing.
- Acquire and analyze data and with the Associate Head for Graduate Studies, conduct strategic planning; implement and supervise all graduate programs and services in the department.
- Generate and approve ISE curricula changes and course proposals for the ISE graduate programs, forwarding through the required campus levels of Governance.
- Formulate and recommend graduate program policies to the Associate Head and Graduate Committee; implement changes based on approved recommendations.
- Administer graduate seminars, working closely with the faculty seminars chair.
- Administer ethics training/seminars as mandated by the Vice Chancellor of Research as well as the annual ISE endowed Distinguished Operations Research seminar.
- Actively seek out opportunities for graduate student awards, working with nominees in preparing nominations for such College, University and external organization awards.
- Serve as Department's primary interface with the Graduate College, International Student and Scholar Services, and other organizations outside the department in matters relating to graduate programs. Authorize/approve all ISSS and Graduate College petitions and forms.
- In close collaboration with Associate Head of Graduate Studies, manage the budget to include but not limited to: allocating funds for fellowships, equipment, recruitment efforts, and marketing.
- Compile data for benchmarking activity through peer comparison, student surveys, and identification program areas of improvement.
- Initiate program assessment, evaluation, and analysis of overall effectiveness through statistical data on admissions, students, and graduation.
- Resolve faculty and graduate student issues and concerns related to graduate degree programs.
- Work to continually improve and grow ISE's graduate offerings and enrollments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of experience in graduate programs, student affairs or related area.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Well-developed interpersonal and management skills.
- Experience in Banner, Eddie and University graduate applications.
- Knowledge of Graduate College policy and departmental degree program requirements.
The Graduate Studies Coordinator is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references as a single PDF file by October 1, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Sarah Musselman, email@example.com, 217-244-1056.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Graduate Studies Coordinator - Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering (A1700567)
Open Date: 09/15/2017
Organization Name: IndustrialandEnterprise Sys Eng