Environmental Remediation Tech
Working Title: Environmental Remediation Tech
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 09-15-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Environmental Remediation Tech works to remove asbestos and lead from a wide variety of surfaces, while preparing and maintaining safe work areas. The incumbent provides insulation installation using a variety of insulation materials.
To be competitive applicants should have experience in asbestos removal and insulation applications. Must be physically able to wear respirator equipment. Successful candidates must be able to complete a training program and be licensed to work on asbestos projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge and abilities to perform asbestos abatement and insulation projects.
2. Physically able to wear respirator equipment.
3. Knowledge of EPA, NIOSH and OSHA requirements on asbestos abatement.
4. Knowledge of inspection methods and techniques for strict compliance with regulations and applicable codes.
5. Working knowledge of use, care, and safe handling of tools, equipment, and materials commonly used in the trade.
6. Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with people of diverse backgrounds
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82768