Senior Budget Analyst
Working Title: Senior Budget Analyst
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Dean's Office, Arts and Sciences
Posting Date: 09-15-2017
The College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (A&S) is seeking a Senior Budget Analyst. With an annual budget of $330+ Million, the Senior Budget Analyst will work with all aspects of the A&S budget. As a newly created role, the Senior Budget Analyst will report directly to the Senior Director for Financial Planning and Analysis. Because the University of Virginia has moved to a Responsibility Center Management (RCM) model, this position will be granted with unprecedented access to partner with the Senior Director for Financial Planning and Analysis on short and long-term budget initiatives for A&S. This is a tremendous opportunity for a creative, strategic thinker to help A&S meet the financial challenges and opportunities of the future. As a key contributor to the budget and finance team, this position plays a central role in key strategic budgetary projects, the development of annual and quarterly forecasting, trend analysis, and more, while maintaining the highest level of integrity. The ability to synthesize complex financial information and provide sound advice to researchers, administrators, faculty, and core leaders of A&S will also be essential to be successful in this opportunity.
The College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences is the largest of the University of Virginia's eleven schools and is the institution's intellectual core. Offering more than 50 undergraduate majors and concentrations and more than two dozen graduate programs, A&S spans the liberal arts, incorporating the social sciences, arts, humanities and sciences. It has more than 10,000 students and nearly 750 faculty members. It is justly renowned for the excellent education it provides to its students.
-Work closely with members of the Dean's Office, as well as Associate Deans, Core Leaders, Department Chairs, and Directors throughout The College on a range of budgetary needs.
-Provide analytical support for complex budget projects.
-Preparation of budget and financial reports, as requested.
- Work closely with other members of The College's Budget and Finance team to prepare annual budget, monthly/quarterly financial review and reports, quarterly forecasting, multi-year budgets, and year-end close.
-Analyze past, present, and future trends in order to predict future financial performance.
-Consistent evaluations of current processes and systems, while recommending appropriate changes to best practices.
-Work on budget issues, which may include reviewing, researching, and recommending alternative budget strategies.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit http://executivesearch.virginia.edu/search/senior-budget-analyst. The position will remain opened until filled and the search will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted. For further information or to provide nominations, please contact Tegan Wild by email at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of budgetary procedures and best practices. Ability to synthesize information and provide advice to researchers, administrators, faculty, and business managers.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of subject matter expertise.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals. Ability to lead and train.
5. Ability to understand the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82764