Adjunct Faculty, Medical Laboratory Technology
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT266-17
Reports To Associate Dean
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Part-Time Faculty
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings Multiple
Job Description Summary
Medical Lab Technology
Position requires preparation of lecture and laboratory presentations, curriculum review, and the practical instruction of laboratory skills in accordance with NAACLS standards. Subjects may include Phlebotomy, Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Microbiology, Blood Bank/Serology, Molecular, Urinalysis/Body Fluids, Intro to MLT, Professional Development. Evaluation of practical laboratory skill performance. Serves as a liaison between College and community health care facilities. Serves on the Medical Laboratory Technology Advisory Committee at the College. Provides input for needs assessment, continued development, accreditation, and outcomes assessment for all Medical Laboratory programs.
Associate degree or higher and ASCP (or equivalent) certification in related laboratory discipline. 3 years recent (within five years) experience in the medical laboratory. Experience varies by discipline. Experience teaching medical laboratory students.
Willingness to learn and/or have experience in the use of instructional technologies to teach traditional, hybrid and/or distance learning classes, and /or as a supplement
Knowledge and skills in a variety of computer usage and software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Bachelors’ degree. Prior experience teaching medical lab students, five years of recent (within 5 years) job experience in this specialty.
In addition to the qualifications listed for each position, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience
• Minimum of one year experience teaching in an online or blended environment
• Experience using quality metrics (i.e. Quality Matters, Sloan 5 Pillars, etc.) to design and develop courses
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments
• Being a successful advocate for new initiatives in curriculum or delivery
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both within and across disciplines, and within and outside the College
To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position.
Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis.
In the event you are called for an interview, please have copies/unofficial or official transcripts for the required degree.
Posting Open Date 04/07/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency
- Other publication
- Other web site
- Career Fair
- * Do you have an Associate degree or higher and ASCP (or equivalent) certification in related laboratory discipline?
- * Do you have 3 years recent (within five years) experience in the medical laboratory?
- * Do you have experience teaching medical laboratory students?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3