Digital Instruction and Information Services - DIRECTOR FOR ENGAGEMENT AND CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES
Vacancy ID S2156 Job Title DIRECTOR FOR ENGAGEMENT AND CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES Department Digital Instruction and Information Services School/Parent Organization Finance and Administration Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 10/02/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
Lead and champion the department of Information Technology's (IT) client service and engagement efforts to provide outstanding outreach, service and support to the college community for productivity software, client and AV technologies, process improvement, IT project management and related services. Direct first and second level IT client services for college supported software, client hardware, and AV systems for faculty, staff and students.
1. Work in collaboration with the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer and department directors to develop strategies, oversee budgets, implement policies, conduct needs assessments, and plan for development of information technology resources supporting client support, engagement, project management, business process improvement, and client and AV technology support.
2. Provide leadership and direct the planning, management and operation of the units charged with developing, managing, and supporting the department's engagement and client technology services to include service desk, client device deployment and management, client hardware and software support, AV support, training, IT governance, IT project management, service catalog and related areas.
3. Implement and oversee effective communication, outreach, and governance activities with the college to keep the campus and individual clients informed about IT services, and ensure IT efforts are in alignment with college strategies and priorities.
4. Oversee the department's ITSM tools, service request flows, problem solving, and escalations to ensure the quantity and quality of support services delivered to the campus are at acceptable levels. Maintain key performance metrics and dashboards to track performance.
5. Provide leadership and champion efforts to increase institutional effectiveness and efficiency through the establishment, oversight and delivery of client software tools and services to increase business productivity and automation.
6. Partner with the director of teaching and learning with technology to lead the college's annual Educational Technology Day regional conference, to jointly oversee the IT client support solutions team, and to ensure that resources of both units are cooperatively utilized to provide effective and efficient support services to all of our clients.
7. Oversee the department's budgets, and the college's technology renewal program.
8. Direct various personnel actions to include, but not limited to, hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers, vacation schedules and dismissals.
9. Supervise the training of new employees. Monitor the performance of all staff members to ensure accuracy, completeness, productivity and compliance with established guidelines.
10. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
11. Participate in relevant College governance, policy, and planning committees and meetings.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and 8 years of relevant work experience supporting technology in a complex enterprise environment, with at least 5 years in a manager or equivalent role
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in information technology support and customer service
• Demonstrated experience with, and understanding of, service desk, client computing, network services, enterprise systems, and related management, planning, and support issues
• Excellent demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Experience in supervising, coaching, and mentoring information technology professionals
• Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing credibility and relationships with senior leadership, colleagues, and clients
• Experience building collaborative relationships to ensure an effective working environment with senior administrators, academic leaders, and the campus community
• Significant supervisory and administrative experience with increasing responsibility, preferably in an educational setting
• Knowledge of information technology service management, preferably ITIL
• Experience in the management of large computing environments supporting enterprise administrative systems.
• Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing a service catalog and/or service desk
• Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining incident management, change management, problem management and continual service improvement programs
• Advanced degree
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship will be considered for this position Department description
The Information technology organization at Ithaca College provides a full-breadth of IT-related services to the campus. The department of 65 full time professionals and 95 student employees is a fast-paced environment, working on numerous priorities to ensure support for the campus technology needs.
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $105,000 to $115,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
- Curriculum Vitae
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).