Admissions Counselor II
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was born in the spirit of community cooperation on May 27, 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is a military friendly, upper-level institution offering bachelor's and master's degrees for life's next chapter.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
In order to comply with federal export control regulation, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, temporary resident, refugee or asylee to be considered for this position.
Proof of education required upon hire.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas, a member of the Texas A&M University System, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer and Educator and is committed to excellence through diversity.
Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report:
Texas A&M -Central Texas (TAMCT) is committed to assisting all members of the TAMUCT community in providing for their own safety and security. Information regarding campus security, personal safety, and fire safety including the Jeanne Cleary Campus Safety Report is available at: https://www.tamuct.edu/departments/security/index.php.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report, or reports from previous years, you may stop by the University Police Department located at Founder's Hall, Room 103 or you may request that a hard copy be mailed to you by calling (254) 501-5801.
Posting Number 096S
Position Title Admissions Counselor II
Work Site Location Killeen
Duration of Position Budgeted- FT
Salary Minimum $31,694
Physical Requirements - Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Admissions Counselor II, under general supervision, identifies, recruits, and contributes to increasing the population of admitted, enrolled, and underrepresented students. Serves as a mentor to less experienced advisors, coordinates travel schedules and assignments, and develops recruiting plans.
Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One year of related experience in advising and recruiting.
Licensing / Professional Certification - Valid driver's license.
• Travel required.
• Work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Knowledge of admissions functions of higher education.
Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Prior experience working in higher education.
(some weekends and after hours may be required)
Posting Date 09/15/2017
Closing Date 09/21/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link http://www.tamuctjobs.com/postings/1655
Proposed Job Duties
On this screen, please list in order of importance, and in detail, the job function and duties assigned to this position and estimate the percentage of time given to each function.Job Duties
Percent of total time 35 Responsibility / Duty
• Provide front-line customer service to all prospective, applicant, and admitted students in regard to the acceptance of transfer credit, residency requirements, application status, admission standards and enrollment processes. This includes providing general guidance related to orientation, advising, financial aid, military and Veteran education benefits, and course registration.Percent of total time 25 Responsibility / Duty
• Represent A&M-Central Texas at college fairs, high schools, community college transfer events, and other on and off campus recruitment events.Percent of total time 20 Responsibility / Duty
• Identify, recruit, and contribute to increasing the population of admitted, enrolled, and underrepresented students through effective execution of recruitment strategies and exemplary customer service.Percent of total time 5 Responsibility / Duty
• Work directly with students to resolve extenuating circumstances, complaints, and admissions denials.Percent of total time 5 Responsibility / Duty
• Develop working relationships with representatives from institutional departments and the community to promote awareness of A&M-Central Texas and program offerings.Percent of total time 5 Responsibility / Duty
• Work with department leadership to propose, organize, implement, and report on activities, programs, publications, and other departmental activities to promote effective and efficient operations.Percent of total time 5 Responsibility / Duty
• Maintain high level working knowledge of TAMUS institutions and detailed knowledge of institutional programs and services.
Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience?
- * Do you have one year of related experience in advising and recruiting?
- * Are you able to travel?
- * Are you able to work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application