Hospital Attendant - Custodial Services - Various Shifts
Hospital Attendant - Custodial Services - Various Shifts-1701621
THIS POSTING IS TO ALLOW THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN AN ENTRY LEVEL CUSTODIAL POSITION AT STONY BROOK MEDICINE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION. THIS IS NOT A POSTING FOR AN ACTUAL OPEN POSITION.
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Hospital Attendants are valuable members of our team, who provide routine custodial services to all patient/resident care and public areas throughout the hospital.
Qualified candidates should demonstrate excellent intrapersonal skills and time management skills. They should have attention to detail and be able to work with all levels of the organization.
Duties of a Hospital Attendant – Hospital Custodial Services may include the following but are not limited to:
- Picks up and removes hazardous articles which may be on floors, furniture and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places. Moves furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning and care functions.
- Using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubber and other cleaning implements, washes floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions, windows from inside of building, etc.
- Changes curtains and drapes and other objects as directed.
- Using manual and/or mechanical equipment, strips and vacuums and waxes floors and shampoos carpets.
- Using hand-operated equipment and detergents, scrubs and cleans all areas of lavatories, such as sinks, urinals, toilets, etc.
- Using hand-dusting equipment, dusts assigned areas.
- Using appropriate equipment such as ladders and scaffolds, washes light fixtures, replaces light bulbs, dusts and/or washes light fixtures and high places such as ceilings.
- Using designated equipment, polishes wood and metal fixtures and equipment.
- May set up equipment in assigned areas, conference and meeting rooms.
- May work in laboratories, "clean rooms", operating rooms and other hospital areas where a high degree of cleanliness is required to minimize the possible spread of infection.
- Clean discharge/transfer units in compliance with Department and Infection Control policies.
- In addition to cleaning the discharge unit above, strips and remakes bed.
- Compliant with Safety and Infection Control policies.
This is a float position that may perform work throughout the facility.
Required Qualifications: Ability to perform medium to heavy physical labor.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous housekeeping or cleaner experience in a health care facility (institutional), residential, commercial, and/or hotel environment. Experience in health care cleaning and disinfecting, hard floor care, carpet care, and/or cubicle cleaning. Possess excellent interpersonal skills, time management skills, have attention to detail and be able to work with all levels of the organization.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serves as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
Official Job Title: Hospital Attendant 1
Job Field: Housekeeping
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Hospital Custodial Services-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Variable VariousHospital Custodial Services-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Sep 15, 2017
Posting End Date: Dec 14, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: As per Civil Service Agreement
Salary Grade: SG5