Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-15-2017
The Publications Editor is responsible for the development, accuracy, and relevance of on-brand messaging for the Office of Admissions' prospective student outreach and recruitment. The primary focus for this individual will be on email marketing, print publications, event support, and website content; aligning deliverables to support the strategies and goals of both the Office of Admissions and the institution as a whole. This individual will be key in ongoing review and execution of our strategic communication plan, seeking to provide innovative solutions that present Illinois State University as a quality and cutting edge institution. This individual will collaborate with various Admission team roles and campus partners in order to continually develop and improve messaging that is personalized, timely, and relevant to the needs of our diverse audiences. The position requires an overall knowledge of marketing, communications, Customer Relations Management system, and student recruitment.
1. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling four (4) years (48 months), from the categories below:
(a) Credit for college level training in any field:
-30 semester hours equals 1 year (12 months)
-60 semester hours equals 2 years (24 months)
-90 semester hours equals 3 years (36 months)
-120 semester hours or higher equals 4 years (48 months)
(b) Professional experience in editing and producing publications.
2. Two (2) years (24 months) of progressively more advanced/responsible professional experience in editing and producing publications.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, or related field.
2. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others toward a common goal of serving the University and its' students.
3. Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills.
4. Ability to create compelling content through a variety of media for the purpose of engaging prospective students.
5. Ability to identify key objectives and measurements of success to track communication effectiveness and influence future strategy or initiatives.
6. Experience with website maintenance is helpful.
7. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is helpful.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.