Human Resources Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery
Human Resources Specialist
Position #737666 - Requisition 11143
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The School of Medicine, Department of Surgery has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Human Resources Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Human Resources Specialist. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will responsible for supporting the human resources needs and functions of the Department of Surgery and its 8 divisions including Cardio Thoracic Surgery, GI Trauma and Endocrine Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Transplant Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Vascular, and Urology. This position will work closely with the HR team to help all of these divisions with any recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and other human resources needs. This HR Specialist may determine and implement strategies for recruitment, selection and job evaluation, while ensuring compliance with federal, University, and departmental policies. This position will also assist in the coordination of all faculty HR processes. Under the supervision of the HR and Faculty Affairs Manager, this HR Specialist will work closely and collaboratively with the School of Medicine Director of Human Resources and the School of Medicine Director of Faculty Affairs.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an energetic individual who is ready to help create change and be part of a group of professionals dedicated to collaborative approaches, relationship building and positive outcomes.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, Healthcare Administration, Communications or related field from an accredited college or university and 1 year of professional human resources experience.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Two (2) or more years' of experience working in Human Resources.
- Experience working in HR at the University of Colorado.
- Experience working in an academic medical center.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and CU Careers.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
- Knowledge of professional standards, concepts and practices related to Human Resources.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules and regulations in order to exercise good judgement in applying them to human resources challenges.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality while working with sensitive information.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20306 - SOM-SRG-CH General Operations
Posting Date: Sep 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jane Johnson
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00737666