Sales Assistant I
The Sales Assistant I will provide customer service and sales support. This position will have the skills to open and operate any Retail Market or Cafe. This position will interact with customers, operate cash registers, stock shelves, rotate inventory and maintain a clean orderly sales area. The Sales Assistant I will also train new hires in customer service and will prepare food for retail sale as necessary.
Who we are:
Housing & Dining Services, Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year round. Campus Dining leads the industry with superior quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Works as a cashier
- Responsible for cash drawer reconciliation
- Counts and balances cash drawer and safe, before and after work shift
- Maintains security of both cash and product at all times
- Follows all university guidelines for cash handling, reconciliation and monthly and year-end inventory
Customer Service & Store Maintenance
- Trains and assures work is done according to departmental procedures and that all departmental standards relating to health and safety are followed
- Assures that the customer needs are met and quality products are served at all times
- Directs student employees in keeping storage areas clean and organized, keeping merchandising areas clean and fully stocked
- Performs daily cleaning of Retail Store, including sweeping and mopping
- Receives product and puts away stock in storage areas
- Restocks all products to maintain sufficient supplies
- Assures food products are kept at proper temperatures
- Ensures storage and merchandising areas are kept clean and organized
- Uses proper storage techniques by rotating stock and dating open items
- Participate in weekly inventory and related paperwork
- Performs daily cleaning of store to include but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, dusting, floor waxing
Food, Safety & Store Integrity
- Follows and maintains standard of cleanliness and sanitation in accordance with all department and health department rules and regulations including washing, drying and sanitizing equipment and work areas
- Stores all food at proper temperatures and checks temperatures at appropriate intervals and records results according to department SOP's
- Sweeps/mops all areas which may include store floor, coolers, service areas, entries and stairwells where applicable
- Notifies supervisor of problems and submits work orders as needed and according to SOP's
- Monitor and record refrigerator and freezer temperatures daily. Must respond immediately when a variation or issue presents itself
- Prepares hot and cold food items to be sold in the retail outlet
- Equipment to be used can include knives, slicers, coffee brewers, ovens, warmers, grills, fryers
- Adjusts to scheduling changes when needs arise based on changing situations and business needs in the absence of a manager
Retail Product Mix
- Recommends changes to product mix through verbal or written communication and other customer related issues assuring a positive customer experience
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
What you should know:
This position may be required to work late nights and/or weekends.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $2,097.34 per month or $25,168.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be open. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Six months of experience in retail sales, cashiering, wholesale sales and/or bookstore retail sales
What you will need:
- Ability to work in a team driven environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
What we'd like you to have:
- Six months of cash handling experience
- One year of customer service experience
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by September 24, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11076.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Public Safety/Enforcement and Protective Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Sep 15, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 24, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00737945