Learning Technology Consulting Service Manager
The Learning Technology Consulting (LTC) Service Manager (a two-year position) is a key member of the Academic Technology Applications (ATA) Program. The ATA Program is responsible for the day-to- day delivery, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the campus-wide learning management platform (LMS) as well as the large suite of enterprise academic technology tools offered by the Office of Information Technology. The LTC Manager leads four graduate students as Learning Technology Consultants in designing, developing, and delivering training on the applications supported by the program. This position also partners with ATA Program colleagues to communicate about ATA services, liaises with internal stakeholders and vendors in support of the applications provided in the program, and also contributes to the ongoing effort to improve the ATA Program by identifying, planning, implementing, and evaluating improvements.
Who we are:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. We're located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Learning Technology Consulting (LTC) Management
- Hire and manage Learning Technology Consultants, ensuring employees are empowered and have the resources necessary to excel.
- Design, develop, and deliver training for faculty and staff on the applications in the program, related best practices, in various formats (e.g., on-demand/self-paced training and live, synchronous, one-on-one or small group sessions). Facilitate vendor provided training.
- Evaluate consulting and training provided. Identify and implement improvements based on evaluations within an agreed upon time line with immediate supervisor.
- Reply, track, and fulfill faculty requests submitted to the LTC queue in ServiceNow, the campus-wide service desk application.
- Help faculty solve basic technical problems. Escalate access, functionality, performance and other complicated problems to application administrators.
- Inform faculty of procedures and policies to ensure the security, integrity, and accessibility of the applications in the ATA Program.
- Track and report service metrics, LTC work, and individual work. Conduct benchmarking against external best practices to ensure that consulting and training provided are innovative and effective.
- Oversee the LTC Service budget.
- Partner with the Customer Engagement Team to promote the LTC service and the applications provided in the ATA Program.
Participation in OIT Teams/Projects
- Participate in OIT Commissioned Teams, Sanctioned Teams or Projects and, when applicable, representing the interests of the ATA Program.
- Maintain proficiency, deepen, and acquire new knowledge related to leadership, employee management, the applications in the ATA Program, service management, and consulting and training.
- Assist with strategic planning, and perform special projects as directed by the Associate Director of Academic Technology Applications.
What you should know:
This is a two year appointment. While it may easily be the case that funding will extend beyond two years or that other positions become available, this particular appointment for this particular position is two years in duration.
What we can offer:
Annual base salary for this position is competitive and market-driven and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be proactive. Be engaged. Be adaptable. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- A master's degree from an accredited college in education, educational technology, instructional design, adult learning, or a related field of study OR a master's degree with experience teaching within a post-secondary institution and integrating academic technologies
- One year experience managing at least one employee
- One year experience consulting or providing training to faculty on the use of teaching and learning technologies
- Proficient in the use of learning management systems such as Canvas, Desire2Learn, and other academic technologies
What you will need:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage work and priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
What we'd like you to have:
- Direct experience consulting and training faculty in the use of learning management systems and other academic technologies.
- Knowledge of best practices associated with integrating technology in the teaching practice, adult learning theory and instructional design.
- Three years' experience managing at least one employee.
- Three years' experience consulting or providing training to faculty on the use of teaching and learning technologies.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 1, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10978.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Sep 15, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 1, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00002685