University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery has an opening for a part-time Instructor position. The Instructor position will work directly with the Division Chief of Pediatric Surgery. This position will support the Chief's program and will be a key liaison for a multi-site study.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Instructor position will serve as the Central Study Coordinator for a study. This position will be responsible for mentoring the Research Services Professional also supporting the study. The primary responsibility for this position will be to ensure new enrollment of cohorts to meet the study's goals. The study is at multi-sites and this position will serve as the key liaison between all 10 sites to ensure regulatory compliance and data quality. This position will be required to train all new staff at the multi-sites for cohort enrollment and will monitor accuracy of chart reviews. The position will be a key individual to the study's continued progress completion, and success.
- Serve as Central Study Coordinator and will provide training and mentorship to the Research Services Professional.
- This position will remain at an 80% FTE and adjust as needed to meet the study's needs over the next 5 years to be a key resource to the research staff and collaborators for resolution of complex issues
- Monitor the study in accordance with the mutually agreed upon study Protocol, insuring compliance with all Protocol requirements including, without limitation, data collection methods and data transfer procedures as set forth by study Steering Committee and/or Cincinnati Data Coordinating Center
- Keep stakeholders informed of progress and issues
- Provide leadership, training and certification for the assigned staff at multiple institutions regarding the research in alignment with each institution's goals, objectives, mission and values throughout the consortium sites
- Monitor day-to-day operations of the study, to ensure policies and procedures are being followed, objectives are being met and that services and projects are run efficiently and effectively
- Provide sufficient training to achieve the desired level of competency; document evidence of competence and regulatory compliance regarding any "Duality and Conflict of interest" as it relates to for the consortium on an annual basis
- Assure the regulatory requirements are met throughout the consortium, as well as to oversee quality assurance, and proper documentation for the data collected in the study
- Provide education to personnel through conference calls, annual meetings and structured presentations and unstructured interactions
- Identify and assist in disseminating best practices through formal and informal methods within Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Continue to serve on the Executive, Steering, Coordinator and Ancillary Committees
- Collaborate with Executive and Steering Committees in short and long term strategic planning
- Assist with budgetary issues and planning
- Collaborate with research business director and grants management teams from each site to assure the budgetary and fiscal management is carried out for the consortium
- Assist with contracts, HIPAA business agreements and Certificate of Confidentiality
- Ensure the development of organization-wide materials, products and standards for communication about results and activities (e.g., web site, informational materials)
- Assist with the scheduling and facilitating annual Steering Committee and bi-annual meetings
- Continue to assist in the strategic planning of the study in protocol & manual of procedures development and implementation
- Monitoring the lab abnormal results
- Provide annual site visits to monitor for study and regulatory compliance
- EMSI coverage for all issues
- Continue to approve ClinCards for visit incentives as well as reimbursement
- Make follow-up calls to complete the Comorbidity Assessment Forms (CAF) and the Surgical Medical Follow-up forms (SMAF) as requested by sites
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
- 10 years plus experience with clinical research study coordination and management
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring FTE is at 1.0 FTE.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 11113
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20324 - SOM-SRG-PEDS Clinical
Posting Date: Sep 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Number: 00738694