JOB NO.: 92125-AS
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Categories: Communications, Editing, Grant, Research, Contract Management, Research, Scientific, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 92125-AS
Working Title: Editor
Official Title: SR EDITOR(R92BN) or EDITOR(R92DN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
FTE: 25% - 60%
Anticipated Begin Date: NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's degree in English, Journalism or Mass Communications required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* 4 years of experience as an editor for an academic publisher or in an academic setting required; more experience preferred.
* Solid command of the full range of editing skills, from copyediting and proofreading to deep substantive editing.
* Demonstrated experience preparing and finalizing manuscripts for publication; keen eye for detail and accuracy.
* Track record of working under tight deadlines.
* High degree of professionalism and ability to work effectively and diplomatically with
faculty, researchers, and university collaborators at all levels.
* Agility with technology, including electronic editing and online search tools.
The Editor will work with the WCER senior editor to provide a full range of editing services, primarily on proposals. This
involves deep substantive editing. This position reports to the WCER senior editor.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position please upload a cover letter addressed to Kurt Brown, a current resume, and within the application form, provide the names and contact information of three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Sep 15 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 29 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time