Payment Analyst III
Payment Analyst III
Payment Analyst III
Controller Operations - 926101
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm, with some overtime as needed
Accounts Payable is part of the UNT System Controller organization. The UNT System Controller provides all accounting, reporting, and service focused operations for all University of North Texas System component institutions. The areas of responsibility include Campus Accounting and Reporting, Student Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, centralized external and internal financial reporting, and external compliance related reporting.
The University of North Texas System is comprised of three component institutions with four major locations: University of North Texas located in Denton, TX, University of North Texas Health Science Center located in Fort Worth, TX, University of North Texas at Dallas located in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, TX and University of North Texas System located in Downtown Dallas, TX.
The Controller Operations Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Payment Analyst III to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
UNT System Accounts Payable serves all campuses within the UNT System and is responsible for the processing of all Accounts Payable in a timely manner while ensuring compliance with state and federal guidelines as well as UNT System policies.
Payments Analyst III performs Accounts Payable functions. Work involves managing, entering, and auditing accounts payable transactions for accuracy and approving vendor invoices and other vouchers for payment. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment and may train others.
* Reviews, audits, ensures accuracy and approves payment vouchers.
* Ability to identify discrepancies and take corrective actions.
* Keeps management informed concerning workflow or processing issues.
* Recommends and assists in implementing process improvements.
* Serves as liaison/contact for the preferred vendor program.
* Assist in running queries to manage payment vouchers not posted or paid.
* Assists management to manage the workload of the team, ensuring efficient work processing.
* Provides functional training or serves as a resource to team members.
* Interprets procedures and policies to external and internal customers.
* Prepares electronic payment submission by entering reimbursement/payment data in PeopleSoft, EIS AP program, utilizing state or local funds as needed.
* Manages and enters data in PeopleSoft, EIS to generate reimbursement for all member institutions from state appropriations as needed.
* Special assignments, tasks and projects as needed.
* Back-up and Cross training responsibilities.
* Provides excellent customer service.
* Assist with 1099 year-end process.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's degree and three years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills, including experience directly supervising others. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of financial record keeping.
* Thorough knowledge of or ability to quickly learn applicable laws, codes regulations, standards, methods and practices related to purchasing and payments.
* Ability to provide high-quality customer service and maintain those standards for the area.
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly.
* Ability to keep detailed records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in AP problem solving.
* Experience in PeopleSoft.
* Intermediate Excel experience; possess ability to manipulate data.
* Experience in higher education.
* State of Texas experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting