Accountant for Gift Processing
Accountant for Gift Processing
Advancement Services Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
The Division of Advancement pursues the mission to promote the University of North Texas through inspiring the public to become involved with the growth and progress of the university.
The division accomplishes this by establishing and continuing mutually beneficial relationships that result in donations of time and financial resources that support and empower the future leaders of our generations.
The University of North Texas seeks a motivated, team oriented professional to join our Advancement team as a Accountant for Gift Processing. This position will support the overall mission of the Office of Development in the Division of Advancement by posting gifts and pledges, maintaining all core Advancement data for people and organizations, and managing the official gift receipt and acknowledgement processes. The Gift Records Specialist will report to the Director of Gift Processing and Donor Services.
Specific responsibilities of the Accountant position will include, but not be limited to:
* Receiving, recording, legal receipting, and acknowledging of all charitable contributions to the University.
* Validate gift data entered against source documentation to avoid errors.
* On a rotating basis, manage the gift and receipt acknowledgement process.
* Ensure data integrity by following established internal and external guidelines and processing all gifts and constituent information timely, accurately and efficiently.
* Other duties, as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree and two years of experience in accounting and/or auditing; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting financial record keeping.
* Knowledge of cost and audit accounting.
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly.
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Attention to detail.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Excellent customer service attitude.
* A team player that promotes cooperation.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Quicklink for Posting