Student Activities Representative (part-time)
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Student Activities Representative provides support for the Director of Student Activities and the Assistant Director of Student Activities by assisting in the planning, oversight, supervision, and overall support of the student body as it relates to, but not limited to the areas relating to the departments of Student Activities and Student Life. This is a part-time position working approximately 20 hours per week.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide overall support and assistance in the Office of Student Activities and to the Director of Student Activities related to programming, retention, and student support within the division of Aurora University Student Life.
- Attend and supervise evening and weekend events according to the expectations of the department.
- Assist with advising the Activities Programming Board. This includes attending their weekly meetings, communicating regularly with the Student Director, following up with chair members about upcoming events, and assisting with the coordination of their events (working with agents and performers, ensuring correct setup, etc.)
- Assist with supervising the Peer Advisors. This includes attending their monthly meetings, helping to coordinate the all-freshmen events and communicating regularly with the Peer Advisor interns.
- Support SpartanNet (OrgSync) operations in the Office of Student Activities. This includes updating the calendar, day to day communications with student organizations, and overall maintenance of the system.
- Assist with the management of student organizations and ensure that student groups uphold student organization guidelines. This includes assisting with meeting space reservations and other event setup needs for organizations.
- Assist the Director of Student Activities and Assistant Director of Student Activities with campus-wide initiatives, such as AU4U, Welcome Weekend, Student Leadership Recognition Reception, Homecoming, and Spring Fling.
- Plan events with sensitivity to cultural diversity and needs of a multicultural population.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Prior experience working in a Student Activities or related field either as a student or professionally is preferred.
- Analytical yet creative mind.
- Ability to multitask and to work independently with a focus on excellence and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; interest in working within a diverse student population.
- Desire to work in a collaborative manner in the Office of Student Activities to positively impact the student experience at Aurora University.
- This position will require weekend and evening hours and supervision.
- This position will require mobility throughout campus and the ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.