Residency and Fee Coordinator
Salary: $44,200 - $55,000
Title: Residency and Fee Coordinator
Category: Student Affairs and Advising
Date Posted: 09/15/2017
Position Information: Operating as a member of the Office of the Registrar, the Residency and Fee Coordinator works with federal, state, and UC regulations, including the UC Residency Policy and Guidelines. Under the direction of the Assistant Registrar for Records, the incumbent provides excellent customer service to students, parents, alumni, and staff with responsibilities that include: 1) determining residency for tuition purposes by exercising individual responsibility and authority for the determination of complex classifications; 2) conducting quarterly fee testing and serving as the expert point of contact for fee adjustments and problem resolution in coordination with Student Business Services and Financial Aid; 3) assisting with the maintenance of academic records processing and verification requests; and 4) managing the Office of the Registrar's role in new and transfer student orientation.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge of specialized registrar core functions (e.g., degree requirements, special enrollment, veterans' benefits, and residency).
Written and verbal communication skills. Active listening skills. Customer service orientation. Interpersonal skills.
Ability to apply working knowledge of policies to individual situations in a diverse learning community.
Demonstrated skill in upholding strict attention to detail in an environment subject to frequent interruptions.
Experience using complex databases.
Ability to work with people from diverse cultures. Utilizes excellent constituent service skills with all interactions.
Problem identification and critical thinking skills.
Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times, tactfully handle difficult requests, and offer alternatives with demonstrated skill in expressing ideas clearly and convincingly.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with campus departments.
Working knowledge of common University- specific computer application programs and productivity software.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices with student records services.
Working knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures and of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview