Payroll Assistant III
Salary: $45,624 - $65,436
Title: Payroll Assistant III
Department: CNAS Personnel Service Center
Date Posted: 09/15/2017
Position Information: The Harvest Shared Services Center (HSSC) for the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS) is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, detail oriented individual with great communication skills to become part of our team. Under the direction of the Director of Harvest Shared Services Center (HSSC) (aka NAPSU) in the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS), the Payroll Assistant is responsible for payroll transactions for academic, staff, and student personnel for clients in HSSC. Key responsibilities include payroll processing, onboarding, off-boarding, payroll updates, and records maintenance. The incumbent will also serve as the point of contact for assigned clients in a team setting and plays an important role in providing optimal customer service to clients and by providing accurate and timely processing of payroll checks.
Minimum Requirements: 1) Four years education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in business, finance, human resources, or related discipline.
2) Minimum one year of experience which demonstrates performance at the professional level, such as full ownership of timekeeping and payroll responsibilities, using online payroll or personnel systems or databases such as the UC Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) or PeopleSoft. Must have current working knowledge of payroll federal and state regulations.
3) Skill in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Skill in making comparisons and computations quickly and accurately. Skill in computing ratios, rates, and percentages.
4) Demonstrated understanding and application of general personnel, labor relations, HR, collective bargaining agreements, and payroll policies and procedures.
5) Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with the ability to work quickly, accurately, and maintain records with strict attention to details. Ability to set priorities and use initiative organizing and handling heavy workload.
6) Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal direction, as well as cooperative in a team situation.
7) Skill in making appropriate job decisions following established policies and procedures.
8) Demonstrated expert level oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse clientele internally and externally.
9) Demonstrated ability and have experience in providing quality customer service.
Preferred Qualifications: 1) Two or more years demonstrated work experience in Higher Education.
2) Two or more years experience applying UC Systemwide and/or UCR Campus policies, procedures, or systems for personnel/payroll actions such as the Payroll/Personnel System (PPS), Time and Attendance Reporting System (TARS), Human Resource Data Warehouse (HRDW), or Full Accounting Units (FAU).
3) Earned Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, finance, or related discipline.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview