*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Director, Finance oversees financial practices of the Conference Center and assists with other financial procedures in various Auxiliary units. This position also maintains high standards in leading the financial oversight and success of responsible areas, serves as a member of Graylyn’s Senior Leadership team, and formulates policies and guidelines to carry out the department's mission.
- Leads the budget and financial planning and execution of the Conference Center.
- Develops processes to improve profit (i.e. estimating costs and benefits, exploring new business opportunities, etc.)
- Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses, and creates annual budget plans.
- Compiles information; analyzes and monitors actual versus projected sales, actual budget versus forecasted wages, and actual budget versus forecasted costs.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts by breaking down data into separate parts.
- Trains and develops Manager’s and Supervisor’s skills; processes to improve financial success.
- Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
- Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations, and profitability.
- Supervises and delegates responsibilities to the leadership of direct report units.
- Performs essential functions of managers and supervisors in direct report units in their absence.
- Takes an active role in handling Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities.
- Oversees payroll allocation for departments; reviews daily and bi-weekly timesheets.
- Reviews weekly schedules for departments, ensuring hours are within budget.
- Manages personnel procedures (i.e. interviewing, hiring, training, and demotions) within assigned departments.
- Enforces rules of conduct in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of related experience in the Hospitality/Service Industry and one year supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in 4 or 5 star Lodging venues or like service culture environments.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including customer service skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to advance the mission of the conference center and the greater university.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among guests and/or employees.
- Ability to organize space and equipment.
- Ability to interact with guests in a positive and tactful manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Windows, the internet, and email; knowledge of Front Office Software.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer errors and system problems.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work any schedule/shift.
- Ability to drive and operate golf cart and other vehicles.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Three to five years of related experience at a boutique or luxury branded property.
- Responsible for own work.
- Manages staff/student.
- Budgetary responsibilities.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States