Radiology Tech CT Procedures/UKHC
The Radiology Technician Senior will provide CT imaging for patients and assist the patient's physician in expediting needed care. Quality, efficiency, and service excellence are all essential parts of this position. Duties include: performing diagnostic and interventional procedures per department protocols, providing feedback on image for improvement as needed, addressing customer needs appropriately according to age specific, service specific and disease specific criteria, and utilizing proper procedure for identifying patients. Maintaining patient efficiency by spending the most appropriate amount of time for each task and interaction will be an essential job function, and adhering to the UK behavioral standards during interactions with patients, coworkers, and physicians, as well as all external and internal customers will also be essential. Maintaining privacy and confidentiality is required. This position will also assist in a QA review to maintain professional standards for themselves and any technologists that they are called upon to assist.
Radiology Tech CT Procedures/UKHC
H3181: CT Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
ARRT and Kentucky State Radiation Operators License. CT certification obtained within one year of hire date.
Heavy lifting, pushing, and pulling of objects over 50 lbs.
3rd shift with rotating weekends, 40 hrs a week. Shifts may vary. Call is required. Techs rotate holidays, and may be required to work OT.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold a certification in radiology (ARRT or ARDMS) or are you certification eligible?
- * Do you have a diploma, associates degree or higher in radiology, or anticipate receiving a degree?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter