Retail Store Assistant Manager
We believe that to be effective leaders at 7-Eleven, we must think about the needs of our guests and our teams before we tend to our own needs. We call this Servant Leadership, and it's the foundation of everything we do here. As Servant Leaders, we are guided by core values that we live by every day. These values help us serve our guests, our teams and our communities. They are the heart of 7-Eleven and what makes us who we are.
As a Assistant Store Manager, you'll contribute to 7-Eleven's success by leading a team to create and maintain an exceptional store experience for our guests. The majority of your time will be spent coaching, supervising and directing the team. You will work to maximize sales and profits by using sound business practices to implement the 7-Eleven strategy, while setting a standard for guest satisfaction using our company's Five Fundamentals; Quality, Assortment, Service, Value and Cleanliness.
- Oversee daily store operations, supervise employees and manage inventory
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels to meet the needs of our guests
- Train, develop and motivate your employees
- Demonstrate leadership and promote a teamwork oriented environment setting high standards and modeling behavior for optimum guest service
- Implement new product lines and create strategies to introduce and promote them to our guests
- Promote 7-Eleven to your guests and community
- Maintain safety and security of the store, properly documenting any incidents that occur
- High School diploma/GED with minimum 2 years applicable experience; 2 years college; military experience
- Prior successful food service, retail, grocery management experience
- Demonstrated effective training, coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Results oriented team player/manager
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent guest services skills
- Role requires constant standing, bending and reaching.
- Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of upto 40-50 pounds is required.
What Will You Do?
• Provide prompt, efficient and courteous guest service
• Maintain a clean, guest friendly environment in the store
• Ring guest sales on an electronic cash register
• Receive cash from guests and give correct change
• Perform all regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are included on job assignments
• Forecast and order merchandise
The Sales Associate position requires the following:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with guests and coworkers
• Desire to be part of a performance-driven team
• The Sales Associate position requires constant standing, bending and reaching with a moderate amount of manual dexterity. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required.
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:34:46 PDT