Under indirect supervision, performs detailed evaluation and internal control and audit reviews of computer information systems. Develops and maintains audit software. Consults with administrators, faculty, and staff on computer information systems operational issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems.
- Performs information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Directs and/or performs reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Maintains and develops computerized audit software.
- Prepares audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
- Consults with and advises administrators, faculty, and staff on various operational issues related to computerized information systems, and on general business operations as needed.
- Follows up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
- Coordinates and interacts with external auditors, administrators, faculty, staff and law enforcement officials as appropriate; may be required to testify in court.
- Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
- Schedule and coordinate third party audits and risk assessments as necessary.
- Advise the board of directors on third party independent audits and report result to the board.
- Work closely with Information Security, Information Technology, Development, and Operations to conducts audits that verify the applicability and effectiveness of internal controls.
Minimum Job Requirements
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business related field; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), OR Cert Internal Auditor (CIA), OR Cert Public Account (CPA).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to evaluate and review a range of PC, distributed production, and applications computer systems.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
- Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in area of specialty.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer systems development and programming.
- Knowledge of financial industry and/or public auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards governing all aspects of the utilization of computer systems.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PCI, and other financial industry compliance areas.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
Conditions of Employment
- Must maintain certification status.
- Must maintain US residency status.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
CheckAlt is a Check 21 application and processing provider for financial institutions and businesses. CheckAlt assists financial institutions in more efficiently processing their items from all capture points within the bank or credit union, and in attracting and retaining business customers with innovative white label payment solutions. Additionally, CheckAlt offers easy-to-integrate APIs for mobile and web developers that want to accept Check 21 payments.
Products include eChecks, Item Processing, Remote Deposit Capture (RDC), Mobile Capture, Mobile Payments, eCommerce, Lockbox Services, Bill Payments, Duplicate Detection, Statement Rendering, and Electronic Bill Presentment.
Acquired ERAS division from Diebold in June 2014 ERAS established in 1988
Acquired Klik Technologies in June 2016. Klik established 2000
300 employees based in California, Florida, Atlanta, Detroit, Boston, and elsewhere
400+ clients, mostly mid-tier financial institutions
Leader in Check 21 solutions for financial institutions and merchants
Miami Lakes, FL
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:55:55 PDT